Mosti Mondiale La Bodega Port Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickC

Reaction score
I recently completed my first WE Chocolate Raspberry Port and must say Iam thoroughly impressed with this wine. Unfortunately I only made the 15 bottles and since it will likely disappear before the CR is available againI am considering ordering a La Bodega. Has anyone done both kits? What do any of you think of theLa Bodega?

The La Bodega is an awesome kit. I have made this, the Cr Port, the OCP, and the WCP now. I will say the La Bodega and the CR are the best of them all. 2 totally different styles though.

We sampled this last night at George's bottling party and it was absolutely great. Joseph added some french oak which really added to the taste. You can see the details on George's wine log (#73). I can only imagine it will be like once it has been in the bottle for a while.

Although luckily I will get to find out since I came home with a bottle of it!

Steve

I've made all three, and La Bodega edges the other two out in my opinion. All are good, but definitely different. I fortify my Ports to 20% abv using Everclear.
smiley4.gif

I made the La Bodega. It is very good! I fortified with apricot brandy like the instructions suggested as an option. I probably wouldn't use apricot brandy again. The apricot flavor came through more than I was wanting. It's still very good port though!

Latest posts

Back