WineXpert Kit Suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - I guess I've been away from the forum for a while... Sticking waaaaaayyy too long with a crazy girlfriend will do that to you. I'm free again now, so I can get back to my hobbies.

Actually I've still been making wine, but have been doing so quietly. When I came back to the forum I found this thread while looking to see what I had posted BCG (before crazy girlfriend).

The Eclipse Merlot I made for my nieces wedding turned out fantastic! It's probably the best wine I've made yet - I had more than a few people come up to me at the wedding to tell me it was the best merlot they had ever tasted. Lucky for me, most of the people liked sweeter wines, so they stuck to the WE LE Pacific Quartet, so I snuck 5 bottles of merlot back home with me. :db

It was so good that I have 2 of the kits that I will be starting this weekend. I'm thinking one will be with the same medium oak cubes, but the other will be with a heavy toast American oak spiral.

With the Eclipse Zin, I've actually made 2 batches. The first kit had about a liter of juice stuck between the bags, so they sent me a replacement. I made the first batch per instructions, but the second one I added extra medium toast Hungarian oak and let it sit on the cubes for about 4 months. There is a big difference, and the heavier oak won. Both are still fantastic.

I haven't tried the Barolo in a long while - guess I'll need to cook up some pasta and crack a bottle open...

The Eclipse Gewürztraminer has aged wonderfully. It is very dry, tasty and has a nice complexity. It is right up there with the Eclipse SB. These are probably the best whites I have ever tasted.

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer me a red kit suggestion for a newbie.

My local shop only carries wineexpert products.

I've just bottled my first WE which was from the world vineyard series - an Australian Shiraz.

I enjoy Shiraz and I've also been on a Malbec kick for a while, but I am open I trying out new flavours.

Thanks!!

if you are passing through Red Deer this place has all the different manufacturers under one roof

the prices are so good that i know people that drive for 3 hours to get their supplies. wish i was closer

That said, i really enjoyed the WE Selection International Malbec with grape skins. so much so that i'm picking up another one soon

cheers

http://www.valentinewineandbeer.ca/wine_making_kits.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back