Mosti Mondiale Just purchased a MM Valpolicella and a Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEEPINJEEPS

Junior
Reaction score
I'm about to start a MM Meglioli Barolo w/allgrape pack and also a MM Valpolicella Alljuice. I actually ordered a MM Amarone w/allgrape pack but they sent me a Barolo by mistake. Should I just make the Barolo or have them put a pickup on it and send me the Amarone? The Barolo also came with a raisins. I was thinking of adding the raisins to the Valpolicella. Or since it did not come with raisins, would this be a mistake?

Tell them they messed up and you want a discount on the amarone. Then make all 3! :D
wine making money grows on trees right?

Where did you buy it from? Any of our sponsers are excellent to deal with. Explain what happened and ask them if there is anything they can do to make it right as you don't want to have to have them occur a cost of shipping it back either. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Any suggestions about adding the raisins to the Valpolicella? They didn't come in the Alljuice kit.

Any suggestions about adding the raisins to the Valpolicella? They didn't come in the Alljuice kit.

I've added raisins to a kit before, but check the starting SG first, and realize you will get a high ABV. If your fairly new to kits, you probably want to not add them.

There is no other wine quite like Amarone.
Get them to send you your Amarone.
Use the raisins in the Valp and make it a Ripasso, yum.
I would send back the Barolo but only because I do not care for the floral taste of most Barolos. Although if I got a deeply discounted Barolo without freight I am sure I would begin to love Barolos.

Have you had a Barolo? I just can't seem to make myself like that wine enough to make 30 bottles of it.

Have you had a Barolo? I just can't seem to make myself like that wine enough to make 30 bottles of it.

The Amarone is more expensive, you should at least have them give you credit for a future order, plus a little extra for your inconvenience. (They'd probably rather do that than pay shipping both ways anyway.)

I did the Barolo this year and next year I'm doing the Amarone.

Last edited:
Good thing we all like different wines or you could only by one kind of kit, and how boring would that be? Talk them into something to your advantage and do both. I really like Barolo.

Maybe I just had two crummy bottles! I haven't met too many reds (or women JK SWMBO!) I didn't like......

Mm mistake

NOT TO WORRY ASK THEM TO ALSO SEND THE AMARONE ALL THREE WINES ARE EXCELLENT AND YES BUY ALL MEANS ADD THE RAISINS TO THE VALPOLICELLA IN THE SECONDARY ,GREAT INTENSITY AND INFUSION THEY ADD TO THE WINE......:try

Back