Just Like Christmas!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilnH2O

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what can gladden a heart!

Checking on the status of your TWO boxes of 'peanuts' from George, and finding this on the FedEx website!
smiley4.gif

<DIV dir=ltr>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=555>
<T>
<TR =#e6e6e6>
<TD height=15>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top>Apr 17, 2007</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top align=right>7:07 AM</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =#ffffff></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top>On FedEx vehicle for delivery </TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =#ffffff></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top>MISSOULA, MT</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =#ffffff></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top> </TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR =#e6e6e6>
<TD height=15>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top></TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top align=right>3:40 AM</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =#ffffff></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top>At local FedEx facility </TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =#ffffff></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top>MISSOULA, MT</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =#ffffff></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD =small vAlign=top> </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Whooeee! Come on, doorbell!
smiley36.gif

Well...guess who snuck in and left things on the porch -- Just like Santa!

20070417_130630_IMG_1664_Small.JPG

Oh...looook! PEANUTS!!!
smiley2.gif

20070417_131110_IMG_1666_Small.JPG

Ahhh... More to open!
smiley36.gif

20070417_131456_IMG_1667_Small.JPG

GEEEeeee -- THANKS, George!
smiley32.gif

I got my box today also....... And what a surprise.... actually, 2 surprises...

I ordered the Strawberry and tangarine 3 gallon all fruit kits. I have them sitting next to 2 IM kits in the front hall and they tower over the IM kits. You can tell that these are going to be awesome kits, just by the shear size of the boxes.

Oh yea.... the other surprise.......

Those email notifications that george sends out telling you your order has shipped..... I always thought they were computer generated emails till this last one:

John,

Your order will ship on 4/12/2007.

The following provides the Shipper, tracking number and number of business days until your order arrive:

FedEx Ground - 215523430055650 - 3 day(s)

Your order totaled $90.45, of which $25.87 was for shipping.
This amount has been charged to your credit card.

Waldo will expect a full report INCLUDING pictures.

Thank you for your order and if you have any questions, please contact me.

George Cornelius
President
Fine Vine Wines, LLC
866-417-1114

So....... More to come.... STAY TUNED!!!!!

OilnH20,

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the shipment. I never get to see how our boxes arrives. The big box looks to be in great shape. I will have to pass the picture on to my FedEx rep.
smiley32.gif

Jobe,

When are you going to learn that we do everything with a personal touch.
smiley4.gif
Actually, all of the data is generated by the system, but I have to send each email separately. This gives me the option to add notes and comments. This was done primarily for back orders, but I am working on a way to automate that info as well. I can't seem to stock enough of the MM kits, so we are creating more back orders than ever and I am getting tired of hand typing the information. I do; however, enjoying adding the other comments. If for no other reason, just to see if they are read.
smiley9.gif

BTW, did you notice the change in peanuts?

Change in Peanuts????? There's a difference in peanuts???? Who can tell amongst the millions of them in there!
smiley36.gif

I saved my shipping box as well to show how incredibly well it was packed, and handled during shipping. For such a huge box, with so much weight (like 69 pounds), it faired incredibly well. People may find it hard to visualize the size box it takes to ship 2 summer drink type wines, but they need to see these kits, they are incredible for 3 gallon kits. They are 12 liters of pure juice (for 3 gallons) as compared to the mist style kits that are 7.5 liters (for 6 gallons). Can't wait to get them started this weekend.

I liked the personal touch George, And Having been dealing with this board for the past couple of years, and having placed a couple of orders with you, I'm not really "Surprised" that you would add a personal touch, as much as I was "Surprised" you took the time to do it, on my email, a pleasant surprise it was.

If you decide to automate your system, you need to have the computer generate, at random, perhaps based on post made on the forum since last order, little sayings like that and add to every order. It would be interesting to see what comes out on some of those order confirmations.Edited by: jobe05

My 2 IM's just got shipped along with my encapsuler today so my
Christmas is on Sat. but my two all juice Ice wine kits came in today
from my local shop so I picked them up and are waiting for me to
assemble my basement to get back on track. I have 3 primaries and that
works out great since Im doing the 2 Ice wine kits as a 6 gallon batch.
All juice Ice Wine Kit, Yummmmmmmmmmm!
smiley17.gif

I have six kits in the line up now, along with all that fruit in the freezer
smiley24.gif

I have 4 Primaries but not enough carboys....... I have 3 empty carboys and 4 full ones right now.

Maybe I'll bottle the Blackberry Port this weekend.........

So much to do, so little time........Edited by: jobe05

I also have a batch of Waldo's blueberry melomel to start also but have
nothing going right now as I bottled everything I had incase you didnt
notice in all my posts over the past week!
smiley36.gif

But I know Jobe would have pmed me with nasty comments of no pictures
and Ramona wanted to see that Im finally actually putting labels on
instead of just creating them!
smiley36.gif

Nasty comments?????? Me????
I'm not the one who asked for a picture of your dogs stink!
smiley36.gif

That's going to be a classic........ I chuckle everytime I think of that post.

I try to treat every customer as if they are my only customer. It was not that long ago that I did not have very many customers, so I did everything I could to keep each one. Now, I have a lot more, but I just can not abandon the approach that got me to where I am. Besides, the personal touch is what I enjoy!
smiley4.gif

I have a big box in my office from George that I can say is a conversation piece.......When paitents come in to talk to me about a test or a referral...I say " please excuse my box" but it is my wine shipment".....then all H e-double L... breaks loose... then the conversation begins......I get to talk about wine.....and they forget their ailments!!!! for a few minutes!!!,,,,,brings smiles everytime!!! Ramona Edited by: rgecaprock

Isn't it funny all the fun that is had out of plain old big boxes! You have found a fun and interesting use for a nice big plain box. Ever seen a kid who didn't love to crwl and hid in a nice big box? Then there are cats and dogs. They just love to use one for their personal hiding spot or curl up in it and take a nap. The list goes on and on..........
Thanks George for all the entertainment and use we get out of a plain old box
smiley4.gif

Wade:
I got the Outback Shiraz Mondiale and the Grigionnay. Interesting note - the Outback Shiraz "country of origin" of the juice listed "USA" -- I expected it to be Aussie... Lookiing forward to both these kits and wanted to try one Masters and one All Juice to see the diff.

George:
The box was in absolutely perfect condition and aside from a few black smudge marks, the bucket is in good shape too. Thank Mark or whoever packed the small items inside -- they used a heavy cardboard spacer that insured the Masters box didn't shift and crush the smaller items (one a big dial thermometer). The 'extra touch' you are known for!
smiley32.gif

And, I noticed the different peanuts right off -- the standard styrofoam and the new figure 8 style -- if it was a test I shoulda mentioned it, but for those who wonder what we're talking about, check the pictures in the second post. (...now I gotta find out about this "dog" post these guys are talking about!
smiley36.gif
)

And, GEORGE -- THANKS AGAIN!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Oil my dog got skunked the other week which wasnt the first time. Ramona wanted me to take a picture of the dog stinking!
smiley36.gif

geocorn said:
BTW, did you notice the change in peanuts?

Absolutely, George, and it's much easier to deal with (lots less static). However, my cats are not as appreciative, as less peanuts spontaneously 'explode' out of the packaging and onto the floor for them to steal and play with or try to eat. I, however, am very appreciative.

- Jim

Back