rating wine here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoffart

Rick
Reaction score
Can we start using the common rating system? I dislike trying to compare a KIT wine VS. a $10 - $100 bottle of wine. The more I think about this being said is really a horrible way to rate wine of any kind.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It’s kinda like saying that cigar was as good as a $20 cigar. No-one would ever say that because … well … they just don’t

Here is the current scale … and I would really appreciate someone telling me “I would rate that wine a ___” Then this would tell you exactly where this wine stands IMO.

I’m still going to campaign for a rating section on this forum. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

<H1></H1>
<TABLE borderColor=#e5e5e5 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="95%" border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="25%" =#f5f5f5>Wine points</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="75%" =#f5f5f5>How good the wine is</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>95-100</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Classic: a great wine</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>90-94</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Outstanding: wine with superior character &amp; style </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>85-89</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Very good: wine with special qualities </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>80-84</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Good: a solid, well-made wine </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>70-79</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Average: drinkable wine that may have minor flaws</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>60-69</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Below average: drinkable wine but not recommended</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="15%" =#ffffff>50-59</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="45%" =#ffffff>Poor: undrinkable wine, not recommended </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Because taste is so subjective, i think something
like this would be good after we got enough different opinions. I know I would certainly use it. I go on Amazon all the time to look at ratings before I purchase something.

I would rate any of the RJS Winery Series in the 95-100 area and the RJS E.P. Amarone right around 100. I would also Put the Mosti Meg Barolo at 110!

wade said:
I would rate any of the RJS Winery Series in the 95-100 area and the RJS E.P. Amarone right around 100. I would also Put the Mosti Meg Barolo at 110!

Wade, you are a big poster here ... if you ever have the time I would love to see some of your ratings ... (of course 100 is the max
smiley4.gif
)

Just with that little info above I may get that MM Barolo ... thx

just think if there was a rating section ... and you created a topic "MM Meg Barolo" and under that topic, you and 10 others rated this kit .... how cool would that be? If the average of the 10 rating was 90 or higher ... I would drive to Dallas to pick this one up ...
smiley32.gif

I did create a topic labeled something like Meglioli Barolo and said it was the best dang wine I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. It was given to me by that man who used to admin this site and I let it age for about a year after he gave it to me and I believe he had already aged it around a year. Fabulous wine it was and wish I had this in my collection but I can never just part with that amount of money on 1 kit even though I know what can aspire from it and that when broken down to per bottle cost it really aint that much more.

Latest posts

Back