Just how wonderful is George????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
I will tell you how wonderful George is, and especially the excellent customer service he offers not only his "regular" customers, but those of us who "dabble" in wine making.........

I purchased a kit from my "local small town guy" in which Wine Experts must have forgotten to include all the packets. I called my local guy who said I would have to purchase a packet of each and measure everything out. (not really what I wanted to hear). I posted my "issue" here on this forum, George responded telling me to call him the next day which I did. He immediately sent out back ups for my kit and did not even charge me (not only for the packets, but NOT EVEN SHIPPING)!!!!!

Okay, I am in sales, and this type of customer service is very rare these days!!! I do try to support the local economy whenever I can (cannot stand the big box retailors who are putting the mom and pop shops out of business) but I will ALWAYS try to support George and purchase my products from him!!

Thank you for all you do for us George!!
smiley31.gif

Francie

As if we didnt know this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes a damn good man, no matter what you all say about him!
smiley36.gif

You should let your local guy know and also let him know that he has lost a client. You local guy could have done the same thing and should have since he is the one that sold you the kit.

After what I have read on this forum I am going to start buying from George. Today I went to my local store and picked up a fewthings to clear out the credit I had with them from my Christmas gift certificate. My next purchase will be from George.

George has done many wonderful things for me also. He has been there for every question off the forum and on. He has taken the time to call me by phoneand help me understand certain issues. "HE'S THE MAN!" I will purchase from George, and will listen,ask, and learn from this forum with no hesitation. George is Great andso are the of people on this forum.

There is not many in this small world left. The world as we know is has change so much. We talk at work and at homeabout how badthis world is in. Then I find George and this forum. CAN YOU ACTUAL BELIEVE IT. ALL THE GOOD IN this forum and George ALWAYS there if you need Help or anyone. I may not make it as a wine maker, but I have a new found inspiration to laugh and live inside of wine making and this forum. CUSOTMER Service George defines it . Cooperate America should take a lession. PS the vendor you was buying from I agree, you should call him and tell him he just lost a customer

That is reality today in retail...many stores just don't get it!
smiley7.gif

I have tried my best to make sure everyone gets the same customer service here on the forum as you do at the store and it sounds like we have been successful.

Thanks to everyone who helps make this happen.
smiley32.gif

Yes, Masta is the same way reading every post and answering them as if
he doesnt have enough to do. Are you related to George?
smiley36.gif

I know how you feel but I will add that to me, George is the local economy. He may not be in my town but he is a small businessman doing an honest days work. He practices business the way it used to be done. Plus, he is probably the closest comprehensive store to me and he is a 7 hour drive from me. I get my stuff in a couple of days at the latest so it seems local to me.
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

PS. I would email Wine Expert that you had an issue with one of their kits and their retailer refused to address it. They are proud of their quality and customer service. They may tell you the retailer's actions are out of their hands but they pass along this stuff to the retailer who might shape up a little.

It is truly comforting to know that there are people in the world you can count on. George, Masta and all of the forum members.

Ramona

I'm speechless.
smiley9.gif

Thanks to all for the kind words. I hope we continue to provide the customer service in which you are entitled.

Masta is not related, but he is a true friend!
smiley20.gif

You say he's not related George but I bet he has the same Merlot running in his veins as you do in yours.
smiley36.gif

Back