Just Begging to be a Wine Rack....Suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerbos5

Reaction score
So I just made a wine rack out of pallets (Skid Row), and figured that would tied me over for awhile, meaning it keeps my basement organized, then i came into work today, and i see this "thing" buried in a corner with a bunch of boxes on it, so i go to investigate, and this is what i found....(Below)...My initial response was SCORE!!...now to make this look like a wine rack with character, the foam is coming out, it is 13 inches deep and 2 ft 10.5 in tall x 1 ft 10.5in wide. Suggestions?

wood crate.jpg

Absolutely. You could add one or two dianonal boards to give you 4 spaces for bottles. You wouldn't have to move many to get some out that were not on top.

Lay it sideways and add one long shelf in the middle giving you 2 shelves.

Just be sure that the from has good integrity so some night it doesn't expand abruptly.:tz

Now the file cabinets in the background offer different possibilities.:)

oh I got all kinds of uses for those cabinets lol

Or you can turn it into a temp controlled fermentation chamber.

Speak on Wade you have my attention, still new to this wine making only been doing it since August 2010, but have done 5 kits, real grapes, and 2 more in the hopper. What exactly would I need a temp controlled fermenter for, would it improve the wines that much? I want to utilize this box to its full capacity, I can always get more pallets for racks.:d

Looks to me like 3/4 of a large cooler/kegerator. A bit of ice and a case of skeeter pee and we have a party. Would be better with a lid. Hot summer days could cool off and slow down fermenting when not holding drinkable alcohol. Just a few thoughts off the top.

Back