Jalapeno Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sell LOTS of jalapeno wine. It's GOOD. We use raisins to add body. It's great in marinades and bloody mary's.

SG .990, racked onto campden/sorbate tonight. Seems to be dropping lots of sediment, smells great, can't wait till its finished :D

image-2395352600.jpg

Mind sharing your receipt? I am going to make 1 gallon of intense jalapeño marinate and was planning on using 20 peppers and a box of raisins for body.

Sure, I used a mix of peppers, what I had from my garden

51 jalapenos
10 yellow chili peppers
about 2 handfulls of red bell peppers
3 64 oz apple juice bottles
2 cans frozen apple concentrate
sugar to SG of 1.080 (4lbs + 13 cups haha)
6 campden, 1.5 tannin, 4tsp acid blend, 3 tsp pectic, and water to 6 gallons
3tsp energizer, 1.5 tsp yeast nutrient, and about 2 lbs of raisins I believe (forgot to write down exactly how many I used)

I am planning on adding chocolate to mine. Good luck with yours!

Here is my first batch, used Jack receipt but I also added 6 yellow Mexican peppers and used Lavin D47 yeast.

Jalapeno Wine

16 large jalapenos (for less heat, use 8 jalapenos)
1 lb golden raisins chopped or minced
2 lbs finely granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp acid blend
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
Water to one gallon
1 crushed Campden tablet
3/4 tsp yeast nutrient
Pasteur Champagne Yeast
Wearing rubber gloves, wash jalapeno peppers and cut off stems. Slice length-ways and remove seeds for mild heat, leave them in for very hot wine. Place peppers in blender or food chopper with 2 cups water and chop coarsely. Separately, chop or mince raisins. Put raisins in nylon straining bag and, over primary, pour chopped jalapenos in with raisins. Tie bag and leave in primary. Add remaining ingredients except for pectic enzyme and yeast. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Cover primary and set aside 12 hours. Add pectic enzyme, recover and set aside another 12 hours. Add yeast and recover. Stir daily for 7 days. Wearing rubber gloves, squeeze nylon bag. Transfer liquor to secondary and fit airlock. Ferment to absolute dryness (45-60 days). Rack into clean secondary and refit airlock. Rack twice more, 30 days apart. Wait final 30 days and rack into bottles. Can use or drink immediately, but will age if you add 1/8 tsp of tannin to ingredients. [Author's own recipe] back sweeten with white grape concentrate and added 1 tbs of mint extract.

WOW - it hot on the back of the throat but the flavor is great. The apple and mint reall add a nice flavor.

Last edited:
Sp down to 1.066 today. I was going to back sweeten with apple constratrate and now maybe ill add some mint extract also! Hummm

sounds good! i am still waiting for mine to clear, added sparkalloid today to help it along. it's the one on the far right

017.jpg

Bottled my jalapeño wine today and its hot hot hot, added apple concentrate and some mint.

Mine never completely cleared came close so I bottled - really like the mint but too hot for the wife.

Dend78 said:
so i gotta ask hows the flavor? have you given it a taste?

Haha, I've drank some already. Pulled a bit out, sweetened, added chocolate flavor. I love it! Has a good flavor, Has a bit of a bite, but it's good :D. And only gonna get better. I like them sweet, so I would say it tastes like a chocolate covered pepper. :)

Last edited:
sounds like a winner to me i may have to give this a shot this year, i think its high time i start my own garden

Here's a pic I took after I racked & added fresh chocolate. It was a lot clearer before I did this, but it's ok since it's gonna sit a while longer.

image-1246083952.jpg

looks good to me im actually looking up pepper seeds right now haha

I gotta do the same. My pepper plants froze twice this year, gonna have to replace them. May have to wait a bit though since it snowed here on sat! I live in AZ! :) Crazy weather

wow i didn't think it ever snowed there :slp

well i have several types planted so we shall see what i end up with

Latest posts

Back