Jalapeno Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowgirl812001

Still learning:)
Reaction score
I found an old thread with great info and recipes for jalapeno wine. I was wondering about maybe adding a chocolate flavor? Anyone with ideas or comments would be helpful! Thanks!

Sounds good to me.. Others tried jalapeno with apple, and were pleased there

Keep us posted though, sounds interesting

Most chocolate is easier to add by using chips/wafers/broken-up-bar of 75-85%+ cacao content - less fats and oils to end up making a layer on top of the wine that will actually hurt the wine.. They basically sit in the bottom, while the wine is aging, and you can stir the wine daily to add the chocolate flavor more intensely / faster

Hmm... The recipe I saw has apple in it, maybe I shouldn't add chocolate also? I bought chocolate flavor from my store here to use for chocolate peppermint. Is that not good to use? I love hot peppers & just came up with the idea because I have tons of peppers frozen.

I dont see why jalapeno + apple + chocolate couldnt be good, it just depends on getting the amounts of each flavor right..

Syrups, while they can be used (just check the ingredients for undesirables) are harder to gauge as far as the impact they have on the wine.. And they're harder to remove when the chocolate level is "enough"..

Chips/wafers/pieces, you just siphon off of and the excess is removed but with syrup it could be impossible if it integrated or could just be messy if its all pooled at the bottom of the carboy/jug

You want to wait until after fermentation is over, for the chocolate so that the fermentation doesnt alter the flavors & you still recognize it as chocolate.. Apple and jalapeno can ride the fermentation rollercoaster though, and come out alright.. Might have to readjust the apple later, but i'd do that after you do the chocolate

Thanks for the info! I guess I've got some deciding to do. I don't wanna get too crazy, I'm still a newbie & still learning.

Southwest wine

Living here in Tucson and eating jalapeño all my life I was actuall looking for a jalapeño wine but didn't just want hot wine. Jalapeño have a great flavor but don't stand up alone.

I am just SE of Tucson! I am planning on doing a mix of peppers so I can get a great flavor.

After reading this again, I realized I missed something. Deezil, I didn't mean chocolate syrup. Here is a pic of what I have. Let me know your opinion on it :D

image-2468528165.jpg

After reading this again, I realized I missed something. Deezil, I didn't mean chocolate syrup. Here is a pic of what I have. Let me know your opinion on it :D

I heard these flavored syrups are not too good, people in this forum advised me to use torani syrup instead and so far I am very happy...

I found an old thread with great info and recipes for jalapeno wine. I was wondering about maybe adding a chocolate flavor? Anyone with ideas or comments would be helpful! Thanks!

I would do jalapeño/peach, jalapeño/pineapple, or jalapeño/mango...:)

I knew that... geesh lol. Flavors for cappuccino :slp. Don't know why I never thought of that before lol. Thanks!

How much do you normally use?? Or do you just add to taste? I'm always terrified of adding too much, same with when I'm backsweetening

I only have used them in 2 wines, since I am new in this business, what I did I tested in a pint of fermented wine, adding little amounts at the time until I was happy with it, I liked the wine to show the flavor but without overdo it, once it reached the desired point, I just multiplied the amount of syrup for whatever amount of wine you have in the carboy.

Back