Jalapeno Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also have a hot pepper basil cooking wine going. change of subject here.... i am doing a orange/grapefruit using the dragon blood recipe. how much acid blend do you think i should use?

ummm im not sure, but I would almost think you wouldnt need to add any acid due to the amount of acid in the lemon juice and grapefruit unless you are omitting lemon juice or something.

I am omitting the lemon juice. I've got Deezil helping me with an acid testing kit since my instructions weren't very clear lol.

there ya go, I was wondering im like thats gonna be liquid heart burn if you add any more acid lol :D good luck with the kit! I need to get one of those some day :)

nice light color looks like the peach apricot chard i have going

I tasted it. Light flavor, next batch I will def use lots more peppers. Not very spicy either :(

Yep, I just went with what I thought would be good. But I like hot stuff. Should still be ok. Maybe I'll give this batch to the pansies in my family lol

I made some last year and it was great. I'm making another batch now and it needs more MINT. Could I use mint extract?

Sorry for the late response!! Somehow I missed this. Yes, I have seen that a lot of people use mint extract. I will probably be using it too.

So..... I tasted my Chocolate Fire yesterday and it seemed like it needed more chocolate, so I added more for it to sit on. The pepper is still quite powerful but I am hoping it will smooth out. I don't plan on having this one ready till this coming winter. Should I let it bulk age till maybe fall? Or should I go ahead and bottle and then let sit?

haha awesome, did you leave the seeds in them when you fermented? i was thinking when i do mine i would cut them open and keep the seeds out.

I actually did half with, half without. But I also used an assortment of peppers. Maybe I should add more apple juice? I may just leave it also lol. It's good when it's cold outside lol

yeah you can add more apple juice, get a gallon and do some testing :D

Latest posts

Back