Jalapeno Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had Jalapeno beer before. It was pretty good, but you usually didn't need more than one!
smiley2.gif
Spicey MAMA!

This sounds like one of those reciepes that you have to make at least once (even if it is just to cure the curiosity).

I'm not much of a gormet cook (meat and potatoes guy), but this wine sounds like it would be wonderful to brown cubed beef in for a stew.

What color does it come out to be?

ill try to rember to drag the camra out today and get some pics of it... right now its a dark yellow tint

Would love to try a small 1 Gal. batch. Couldn't see needing more than that for awhile, for cooking purposes.

Dave

I have 4 liters ready to bottle, and finally got my hands on 8 Grolsch bottles
with the gasketed ceramic spring snap caps. The bottles are 1/2 liter in size,
so I should be able to finally bottle. It will be used for cooking (it is quite hot
to the taste), but I also made 4 liters of apple/jalapeño at the same time for
sipping. It will be bottled in 375 ml bottles, just enough for two of us
sipping by the woodstove on chilly evenings.
smiley2.gif

Very interesting. I have a batchmade from Jack Keller's recipe in the secondary.

Seems to be taking it's own sweet time clearing. Now into 3 months. Just starting.

Of course as the winemaker I have the opportunity to sample at every racking. Waiting for Friday. I think this will be an excellent sipping wine. I love the flavor of Jalapeno.

The heat seems to lay lightly in the back of your throat then slowly come alive. I do hope the flavor will strengthen with aging. I think it will be good.

Latest posts

Back