WineXpert It's Zin the Bottles!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashy

Reaction score
29 bottles of Zin

I had a lot more typed but I lost it all and I'm too tired to redo it - here are pics of the custom wine lab:

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

When it comes to making your fine vine wines
Any free space you can find is mighty fine
smiley20.gif

Hey thats a great idea, this way if you have to go to the bathroom in
the middle of the task, as I always do, your right there. Just, please wash your hands afterwards.
smiley36.gif

It's the guest bathroom - we don't use it that much.

But guests enjoy seeing a large jug of wine on the floor
smiley1.gif

Hey, I was able to wash, sanitize and rinse bottles all in one spot, then the wifey put them on the tree in the tub. And the floor is vinyl. It's the only really good spot in the house.

Now if I can just talk her into going along with my 'tub nectar' label idea.....

Nothing like a bath tub to "degass"
smiley2.gif
that way if vesuvius should erupt all you need do is hose 'er off and get on with it.

Nice wine lab.
smiley32.gif

So - it's been in the bottle two months. We've had two bottles, each better than that last, but the REAL test is - what will friends think?

So a few days ago Dixie had some of her fellow jazzercise people over for a small soire - and they liked the wine! Granted, they are probably the Cafe Zinfandel types, like we used to be, but they actually walked out the door with a bottle each. Can't taste *that* bad I guess.

Trashy,

Your "cellar" looks just like mine - except mine is a mirror image of yours - everything on the right side when you wanl in the door.

I thought I was being smart when I layed out my little wine making space but I got nothing on your place. It's perfect! The way I rack I could use the shower afterwards.

I just hope none of your friends tease you with "Trashy makes wine in the bathroom".

James,

No, but evidently it is a bit of a shock for guests to arrive in the guest bathroom only to see a large glass container filled with a medium-yellow liquid!

smiley3.gif
smiley36.gif

I think I would take out the buckets and bottles before guests arrived. The urge for a little target practice could be overwhelming.

Ive washed many a bottle and washed many carboy in a bathtub so I know just what your doing. Been there done that and got the T shirt too. Congrats.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Trashy, I think your bottling room is p erfect. Heck it has built in seating.... I like that option...

Latest posts

Back