It's that time of year again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
Crawfish season is good this year
smiley32.gif

Boil1.jpg

boil2.jpg

boil3.jpg

boil4.jpg

boil5.jpg

boil6.jpg

boil7.jpg

OKG that looks awesome. Is there a difference between what we would catch in say a small river around here to those. Me and my dad used to take a day and catch a 5 gallon buckets worth way back in the day! If thats the same then Im know what Im doing this summer.

that sure looks good! I bet those taste even better with a few mugs of homebrew.

MA SHAW DAT LOOK GOOD. Remindes me of when I was growing up in south west Louisiana. By the way you have to suck the head for the best flavorEdited by: corn field

smiley4.gif
Hey Smurfe! I'm coming to Gonzales!! That is one of my favorite menus.

Smurfe....I am GREEN with envy...mostly over the green grass.

The food looks awesome tho.
</font></font>

Northern Winos said:
Smurfe....I am GREEN with envy...mostly over the green grass.

The food looks awesome tho.

Thats the worse part of the yard to. There used to be a bunch of raised flower beds there I yanked out last fall as I hated mowing around them. Didn't take long for the grass to creep all over the spot. Even though it has been cool for standards here, we have been cutting grass about a month now.

wade said:
OKG that looks awesome. Is there a difference between what we would catch in say a small river around here to those. Me and my dad used to take a day and catch a 5 gallon buckets worth way back in the day! If thats the same then Im know what Im doing this summer.

They would be the same except I am sure they would be much smaller. We had them in Illinois to. Except there they were considered fish bait. One of the best baits for Bass there is.

appleman said:
So Smurfe did you catch those in the cement pond behind the pot in the first picture?

They sure look tasty all cooked up!

No, but if you had seen the pool a couple weeks ago you would of thought you could of caught them there. My chlorine generator is malfunctioning and it looked like the Gulf for a while. I could probably pick up a plateful on the other side of those bushes though. We have about an acre of yard there that is pretty swampy. There are about 100 crawfish mounds out there right now.

Smurfe,

Now that is the life!!! Crawfish boils are so much fun!! Nice pool! I've seen those crawfish mounds in Oklahoma, fields of them after the water goes down.

Ramona

Wade there is a small globe of fat in the head of the crawfish it has the best flavor so you suck the fat out most cajuns understand it

It's been 2 years since I'd had some crawdads. Makes me want come down there and get me some. Whats the price per lb ?

Angell Wine said:
It's been 2 years since I'd had some crawdads. Makes me want come down there and get me some. Whats the price per lb ?

They are pricey this year. Fuel cost has caused an increase. They have been running between $1.69-$2.29 a pound livearound here. The higher price for the select grade. They were under $1.00 a pound this time last year but not near as big. Edited by: smurfe

Latest posts

Back