It's Friday night, what's in the glass?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_S

Reaction score
I brought up a bottle of last year's burgundy out of the cellar and had a glass of that with dinner. I think tonight I might have a glass or two from the leftover bottle of the good white Niagra made with D47 yeast that I just bottled. I also brought a bottle of 2008 sweet red Concord which I might sample tonight or tomorrow night.

Tom_S said:
I brought up a bottle of last year's burgundy out of the cellar and had a glass of that with dinner. I think tonight I might have a glass or two from the leftover bottle of the good white Niagra made with D47 yeast that I just bottled. I also brought a bottle of 2008 sweet red Concord which I might sample tonight or tomorrow night.

Watching NASCAR truck race and drinking Smoking Loon Pinot Noir. I know NASCAR usually means beer but if it is a night race I drink wine.

My wife wanted some of the 2008 red, and oh my goodness is it good. It aged really well. I can't wait for my other wines to age.

Lemondrops made from lemon trees on my patio.

Nada.....I need to hit up a few buddies for wine...waiting is my Achilles' heel!

A little vino Italiano cab I had leftover from last night. We were cleaning up for some painters that are coming first thing in the morning. In the process, we 'uncovered' a 10 year old Turkish red wine that my wife had purchased in Greece - so we decided to open it. It tasted the way I imagine Welches dry red would taste. Not so good, but drinkable.

It tasted the way I imagine Welches dry red would taste. Not so good, but drinkable.

I've actually made dry wine from Welch's Concord juice. It's not bad if you use Montrachet yeast.

Latest posts

Back