WineXpert Island Mist wildbry Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFBIII

Junior
Reaction score
Tried this kit from WE satrted it on 2/20, 1st rack on 3/4, degas and other chem and fpack added 3/24, was clear and wnet to bottle today 4/14/07......while putting it in bottles it had a foam "head" while using my bottle filler.....very dispointed with it. I also bottled a kiwi pear with no problems.....anyone else have this problem with this?I bottled it but am very unhappy with the results.
smiley11.gif

Don't get discouraged with it. You may not have degassed quite enough, but it is probably just from bottling. The F-Pack for this one has a lot of juice in it, so it is probably just foaming from that, like when you pour a glass of grape juice. They don't last, and the bubbles probably won't in your wine either. It should be good to drink in a month and really good in a few months. Have patience with it.

Thanks for the reply! I thought after 54 days it would be ok! I used the drill stir for about 6 min. I also noticed alot more sediment on the carboy...The bubbles have gone away after bottling, but are the corks going to pop?

If you assured there was no further fermentation with SG readings then there is no danger of your corks popping. As appleman said, be patient and your wine will be fine. Decanting an hour before drinking will help too.

This is why I like the brake bleeder method of degassing. It will
basically tell you by the size of the bubbles and the vacuum pulled
that it is done degassing. No more guessing game.

Many times I have had wines foam up while bottling and not sure why but strongly believe it has nothing to do with lack of degassing. I have not had degassing issues since batch #1 back in 2002. I just let the bottles settle and top up to the proper level if needed and any foam will dissipate over time that isin the bottle.

Back