RJ Spagnols Is the Acai Raspberry Cabernet Sauvignon any good?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
Is the Acai Raspberry Cabernet Sauvignon any good?

How does the taste compare to straight Cab Sav?

NamorFeba said:
Is the Acai Raspberry Cabernet Sauvignon any good?

How does the taste compare to straight Cab Sav?
It will taste nothing like a Cab Sauv, because it isn't one. These mist wines are low-alcohol, sweet, fruit flavoured, cooler-style wines. The base will be a light (alcohol, body, flavour) red wine made from Cab Sauv. A large fruit flavour and sweetening pouch is added.

If you want a Cab Sauv don't get a mist kit.

Steve

I agree that it is not a real sauvignon. If you want a traditional red, this isn't it. I made this one more for my wife. I like raspberries, but in a wine ittends to take over. I like it once in a while. We drink it chilled like a white or a wine cooler. A little sweet but not terribly so. I think there was another post on this wine way back you might search for also.

Both Steve and Bill Nailed it.

I tweeked this kit with 4 pounds of sugar and half the f-pack at the start but the Raspberrie was still very pronounced. It is a good wine just not a Cab.

I sent it to the Wine Makers Mag. Contest last your and won a Silver metal with it. I guess someone liked it.
smiley36.gif

Make it like the instructions say, except add 2.5 to 4 pounds of sugar to bring the ABV up. Use your hydrometer to get the ABV to about 10 %.

It should be ready to drink within 1 month after being stabilized and fully cleared. (It's very thin!)
It's not going to be a high quality wine, more like a wine cooler, so pour it over a full glass of ice; add some more fruit slices, and you will have a very nice summer wine for you and your friends.
I haven't made that particular kit, but I make this type of summer wine kit all the time.

I'll try the ice and fruit slices next time. Great suggestion. I even have some little umbrellas which will just top it off.

IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A GOOD COMBO TO ME,BUT ALL THOSE TYPE KITS UNLESS YOU LIKE FRUIT JUICE,YOU NEED TO KICK THEM UP A NOTCH(ABV), IF YOUR DOING THE KIT STEP BY STEP AND REMOVE THE BASE THEN ADD THE FLAVOR PACK( VOLUME OF WINE TO FPAC) THE TASTE SHOULD BE RIGHT ON TARGET,YOU THEN COULD ALWAYS ADJUST THE WINE VOLUME TO TASTE AS A TOPPER,THATS HOW I DO THESE KITS ......
smiley9.gif

I know I'm a bit late to the party but - I added 4.5 cups sugar and half the F pack up front, it is a bit sweet to be served room temperature in my opinion, but it is tasty cold, and was ready to drink right away.
I am about to go buy two more Orchard Breezin Kits from George as they are great fillers for while I'm waiting for all my real wine to age.

gibbylet said:
I know I'm a bit late to the party but - I added 4.5 cups sugar and half the F pack up front, it is a bit sweet to be served room temperature in my opinion, but it is tasty cold, and was ready to drink right away.
I am about to go buy two more Orchard Breezin Kits from George as they are great fillers for while I'm waiting for all my real wine to age.

Serve that wine over a full glass of ice. It really is nice that way.

Back