Interesting site.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagolfer744

Junior
Reaction score
I'm new to the community. I've been making wine from kits for the past 5 years and I really like this hobby. My wife likes the wine (each new wine I make becomes her favorite). I always have about 4 kits in production (I now have 8 ... 2 WineExpert Ltd Ed Petit Verdot ... 2 WE Estate Sonoma Cab ... 2 WE Ltd Ed Pacific Quartet and 2 Cellar Craft Ltd Ed Trio Tinto.

I make a lot of the Limited Edition wines, just because they are just that "limited". My wife's favorite has been this year's Petit Verdot.

I routinely make Cellar Craft and En Premieur Amarone; CC Rosso Fortissimo, CC Zweigelt, CC Barbera. I like the crush series kits. Usually adding some heavy toast oak chips during clarification stage.

Most unusual kit I have made has been the WE Twisted Mint Mojito which I fortified with Bacardi Rum ... excellent!

My friends really like my White Chocolate and Chocolate Raspberry Ports which I fortified with Brandy.:h

Howdy from NE Kansas.
Welcome to the board. Glad you hopped in here.
Brad

I'm new to the community. I've been making wine from kits for the past 5 years and I really like this hobby. My wife likes the wine (each new wine I make becomes her favorite). I always have about 4 kits in production (I now have 8 ... 2 WineExpert Ltd Ed Petit Verdot ... 2 WE Estate Sonoma Cab ... 2 WE Ltd Ed Pacific Quartet and 2 Cellar Craft Ltd Ed Trio Tinto.

I make a lot of the Limited Edition wines, just because they are just that "limited". My wife's favorite has been this year's Petit Verdot.

I routinely make Cellar Craft and En Premieur Amarone; CC Rosso Fortissimo, CC Zweigelt, CC Barbera. I like the crush series kits. Usually adding some heavy toast oak chips during clarification stage.

Most unusual kit I have made has been the WE Twisted Mint Mojito which I fortified with Bacardi Rum ... excellent!

My friends really like my White Chocolate and Chocolate Raspberry Ports which I fortified with Brandy.:h

Welcome to the forum. If you are doing that much in kits why don't you look into starting with juice.

There is a lot of info. here. Feel free to browse, search and check out our map (home page).

Not sure how to open the map ... can't find it. I am using an Apple computer ... any problems using Apple?

Welcome to our site. Don't know about the apple thing, I had problems with the map but eventually got it. Don't ask me how. Good luck with your winemaking. Arne.

Welcome to our forum I have also done many kits and still do. Like Steve said if you get a chance to buy juice go for it. It really the same process and a lot cheaper. No extra equipment to buy either.

Can you provide me with some links for purchasing the juice? I have liked the kits because they are very straight forward, quick and easy to follow, and fit into my busy schedule ... after all, I am retired and play a lot of golf!

I'm looking for a very good Pinot Noir wine kit to make for my friend who is from France. Any suggestions? Looking at what you have in production, you make a lot of Vino.

Not sure how to open the map ... can't find it. I am using an Apple computer ... any problems using Apple?

No, the Map will work with Apples however you will need to download either Google Chrome or the Chrome Frame.

If you need any help PM me.

Can you provide me with some links for purchasing the juice?

Google "Regina" and see if there are any distributers near you. Regina is in California and I have been making wine from their juice for several years now. Their prices are really great for what you get.

They have a good Pinot Noir. All their juices are ph balanced and sulfited. The gravity readings are right on too. I'm very happy with their product.

California juice is in now so if you want any you need to look into it now or wait till next season.

Chillean juice comes in end of March.

Good to meet you. I'm new to the forum too. I haven't been at wine making as long as you have. This is my third year. Hope to see you around the forums.

Latest posts

Back