In-Law Winery Bottles first batches

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lieu

Reaction score
We finally got to our first bottling. The Valpol. is the only label that I have gotten a chance to make as of yet.

Now I have a few empty carboys that I need to get somethng in before that shrivel up.
smiley2.gif
20110618_183507_IMG_0547_640x48.JPG

20110618_183602_IMG_0546_640x48.JPG

The White is a RJS VdV Pinot Grigio and on the far right is a RJS VdV Chilean Cab/Merlot

Absolutely beautiful. I would like to see a close up of the label. It was hard to see with the light reflecting on it. It looks really super nice and that why I'd like to see what it says. Ecellent job!

animated_audience_Applause.gif

Hey lieu taking a second look I just noticed you used those zork corks. I've never seen them in person. How did you like them and what enticed you to use them.

Thanks Guys, I have been looking forward to getting this far along in the process and Ill tell you, boy does it feel good
smiley20.gif
smiley1.gif

Hey Dan
It was my father in law that really wanted to try them. We were told about them by someone that owned a Crosby and Baker so he wanted to try them.
They were really easy to put in. They just push right on with the heel of your hand. Kind of makes me a little nervous but we were told they will be fine.
I will be using corks from now on but not sure what my father in law will be doing.
I am probably going to be asking for a floor corker for my bday and if thats the case Im sure he will be corking and not zorking.
Hey Mike
I think the real test will be in a few months from now then a few more months to see if they really do protect the wine. I have no reason not to think they will BUT.

Seems like they would do a good job. Keep us posted on how if you see any difference between the zorks and corks!

I cant seem to take a pic of the bottles without getting the flash. I need to shut the flash off but cant figure this darn camera out. I am going to have to ask the BBL since its her camera. I did take a few so Ill post them anyway. ok guess I have to make a new post to show pics. (because I dont have time to figure out how to post pics on this thread.)

Latest posts

Back