Mosti Mondiale If you had to pick only one Meglioli red kit....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comet in TX

Reaction score
What would it be? I want to give one of these "special" kits a chance.

The barolo, the zinfindel? I'd like to make my husband a big wine.

Thanks for your thoughts?

Lara

After enjoying a bottle of MMs Rojo Encantando this week, I agree with Dean. But I don't think you could go wrong with any of the LE kits from any of the companies. Pick a wine you both enjoy and have fun.
VC

I have both the Barolo and the Rojo Intenso bulk aging. Both are big wines. You won't go wrong with either one. I'd say it depends on your husband's taste preferences. The Zin is new for this year so you can't get feedback on that one.

Remember that the Barolo will require 12-18 months minimum age time.

The Zin will probably take only 6 - 12 months.

Not sure if that makes any difference to you though.

I have only tried the Barolo so cant compare to any others but man was that Barolo the Bees knees!

I'd say that if it is a red, each and every Meglioli will take 18 months minimum to start to show well, but will be best at 24 months or better.

Goodfella said:
Has anyone done the Cabernet Sauvignon del Veneto?
I have that one bulk aging now started 14 months ago. Will taste at bottling shortly and report. I have high exectations though.

Last nite was Piedmont wines at the local wine club. I took 2 bottles of my 18 month old Meglioli Barolo and it was the hit, by far. It probably was not fair to take them, but.....

You can not go wrong with a Meglioli. Just pick the flavor you like.

Not all limiteds are equally as good. We did a tasting in the store several weeks ago and everyone agreed the Meglioli's were superior to the other brands. Cellar Craft was the next in line, followed by Spagnols and Winexpert.

Dean said:
Rojo Grande with Raisins would be my pick.
I'm with you Dean. We bottled this one yesterday. Started it 8/8/08. Thought it might be the best one we have made to date. Haven't made the Barolo though. I'm guessing George is giving us good info - again!

The Meglioli Barolo is Virginia's favorite of all the wines I have made to date. I will be doing one every year. I think I might try 1/4 tsp Tancor Grand Cru in the 08 I have bulk aging right now.

Latest posts

Back