ICE WINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
well its done primary and into secondary//abv //14%//SG.88//23 brix...smooth at 45 degress processed i ,ll clear in about 2mos.................

Is this a kit or a real ice wine? Did I miss a previous thread?

no this fresh juice its a true ice wine from Toronto Canada.via Gino pintos out of hammonton NJ,real late harvest product....doing just excellent.............................

yes Vidal ice wine juice,sold in 5 gal pails he didn,t bring in that much it was some kind of a buy where someone else was supposed to get the product but backed out at the last minute,mike pinto was toying with the idea of northern wines and took the plunge ,check out his web site,the product is n,t any different for me to work with done under cold fermentation ,i also just finished a voigner that way also,it was started at room temp then after two days it was like a volcano ,placed it into the cold box at 47 degrees and watched it work first hard then gradually slowing down,this week it stopped,i have racked it once already and Jan. first will do it again and finish it under cold storage till it clears,its very smooth and taste like a true ice wine,the mouth feel is very creamy..ill go down in Jan .and take new readings then...............

by the way wade the black current is very good also done ,its sitting waiting for time,but this next tasting we do should be outstanding..................peach......,ice wine......... blackcurrent........voigner.......camara.........melbec.........rassberry sharaz.......blackberry pino noir...............amarone..............thomson seedless out of grapes..............cab sovganon.................brunello....just to name a few.................to tantalize you and jobe..............oh ya italian red plumEdited by: joeswine

yes this Jan, will be a good year for product i can taste it,every thing can together, very good for a change ,the white zin/Muscat blend is on target also...and frescati is clean.......winemasters here i come..............................................april..................

Back