WineXpert Ice Wine bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna order a ice wine kit!! Just not sure which one...
smiley2.gif

Calling all apple growers and Ice Wine lovers.....

Here is a site that is kind of ineresting...

http://www.makewine.com/makewine/freezefraction.html

They take the juices and freeze it, reduce the water and save the sweeter juice that is left and make a Ice 'style' Wine....
Real ice wine the apples and grapes are left on the plant to freeze and loose some liquid, leaving the frozen fruit sweeter, then make the wine.
They say that Ice Wine made by the method of freezing the juice can not really be called Ice Wine....BUT...for those who like sweet wines and like Ice Wine you could sure give it a try....Keep us Posted if you ever try it or have done it....

Interesting article NW. I may have to give this a try sometime. I have frozen the apple wine before to concentrate it, but didn't care for the taste(although after a few cups of it you don't mind). I still have Gala apples on the trees that are hanging on for dear life. Maybe a few more freezes and I will try some juice and see what brix it gives up. I also have some Enterprise apples still on the trees, they are getting pretty sweet and good to eat-may try some of them also.
smiley4.gif

Sounds good...you got to try it.

You said you froze wine to concentrate it...oh oh!!!!...that makes Apple Jack...bet it had some punch.
smiley2.gif

Here are the new labels with the permanent backing. they stick much better but I don't know how hard they are to get off yet.
20061211_201611_Ice_Wine_labled.JPG

I used the Winexperts Ice Wine Style Riesling.

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=3272

I can't take a close up,
smiley19.gif
,the camera will not take a good close up pic. Wife is getting a new camera for Christmas. I'll see if I can get the label up some other way but I designed it in Word.

Btw, these are the last 10 bottles I have and they are gifts. It was so young....
smiley19.gif
I told my wife it would get better with age and she said she could wait a few more mins.
smiley36.gif
Second Ice Wine kit is in fermenter you see in the back ground of the pic. I think next time I will have to do a double batch.
smiley1.gif
Edited by: Coaster

20061213_214339_label.jpg

Here it is. It's in German (since that is where we were introduced to "Eiswien"). It says ICEWINE Sept 2006 Sweet Dessert Wine 14.9% ABV dandt Winery.

Hey David,
I have a friend that has made a batch of icewine. I was over there on 12/27 when he was going to bottle it. We took a reading and it was like 1.060. He was shocked and said that it was stuck in fermentation. He pitched anotherpack of yeast into it. a week later it had not worked so he added some stuck in fermentation power and increased the temp by moving it to a warmer room. It has still not fermentedany more. after readingyour information I think his wine is finished and he doesn'tknow it. I am going to stop by tomorrow andlet him know what I have learned from y'all. The funny part is,he ownes the local brew and wine store and really doesn't know much about making wine just beer. I have learned more from reading this forum over the past 3 days than anything he has had to offer.
I will let you knowhow his wine turns out, if he chooses to hear what I have to tell him.

Don

yikes. The ice wine should finish out right at 1.060. He had it right on the money.

WOW!!! I don't even know what to say to that ScubaDon........just wow....

Just goes to show you how must bosses dont know a @#$% thing! Its
amazing this country runs as well as it does. My old boss had a little
money and I knew everything there basically was to know about building
stairs. We opened the company, got it going really good in 6 years and
he wouldnt give me any of the stuff he promised like any vacations,
more money, better workers. So I left and am making more money with
better benefits doing a lot less work and just heard he may be going
under now just 1 year after I left. He knew nothing about stairs and I left him with his ego!

Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back