RJ Spagnols Cab Franc Red Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryF

Reaction score
Well, finally called it after an extra month sitting in my secondary. Started at SG 1.187 and sat at 1.056 for a full week. Filtered and bottled today. Finished out a beautiful, clear amber color. Tastes pretty potent but sweet at the same time. Hopefully after bottle aging for a few months it will mellow out but even after my mistakes with the f-pac into the primary, I am amazed at the taste even now. :dg

049.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

052.JPG

I love a good ice wine. This one looks like it might be really good. Great looking label. What stock number is the label?

I love a good ice wine. This one looks like it might be really good. Great looking label. What stock number is the label?

It turned out far better than I was expecting (knew it would be decent, but it is actually exceptionally good). The label is just ordinary Avery label stock, #22826 (4 3/4 X 3 1/2 ; Arched top, print-to-edge). They also have a smaller size version of the same thing # 22809. They have the templates for both on their web site to play with.

:dg Jerry

Jerry - The labels look great. I've never used the Avery labels. Are they hard to take off when re-using the bottle?

Jerry - The labels look great. I've never used the Avery labels. Are they hard to take off when re-using the bottle?

I'm sure there are other brands of labels just as good but these are the only one's I've found so far with the arched top and some decent "free" templates on their site to play with.

Cleaning? Been involved in some discussions on here before about removing old labels. Never had a problem the way I do it though. Soak in warm (actually, pretty hot) soapy water for a while and then use a small curved edge scraper and peels right off. I usually follow by wiping with something like "Goo Gone" or "Goo Off" to remove any last glue residue, then wash and rinse off again. Good to go and doesn't take long (I just did almost 60 bottles this way last week and spent maybe one hour total then left on the drying rack). Jerry

Howd ya do the labels? Is that just paper n gluestick or from a label company?

Latest posts

Back