I was wondering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
Just how fussy some of you folks are when it comes to making sure that your wine is star bright.
The reason I ask is that i wondered what folks do to get the desired results.
I have come up wit a method that goes beyond the use of bentonite or super clear and would like to compare our diferent systems/methods.
smiley1.gif

I use the gravity and plenty of time before bottling method!

I tried the Vinbrite gravity filter yesterday and it worked well. It takes about 12 minutes to run 6 gallons through though.

Before I made my first batch of wine I already knew more than everyone
smiley36.gif
, now after maybe 45-50 batches I have come to believe that all the filters are nice, most clearing agents work to some extent, but as Masta says..TIME. I find no real substitute for this. So no matter what agent or filter I use, I don't skip over TIME any more. Never thought I would learn this patience thing, but the results make it pay off well.

But then , I haven't had Wade sneeze in a fermenting bucket yet!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Just to clear something up, I dont want anyone scared of my wine ya
know, I did not sneeze in my bucket, Or maybe I do want people scared
of my wine.
smiley4.gif

rgecaprock said:
What;s your method, scotty?

I thought no one would ask
smiley19.gif

I hope I dont get roasted for this but living on kiribati gives one a lot of timt to think.

I was thinking of a way to be sure that my wine is star bright after doing whatev i could to clarify it.

Ive been watching amazing things done and posted by women farmers from the north. Apple growers and not to forget Arkansas hillbillys or back woodsman from the state of maine.
Im alway in awe of these folks. Being a competitive type, I ordered a special piece of lab equipment to test the clarity of the wine.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/telescopewine.jpg?t=1181488769Edited by: scotty

You are a nut!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif
So how do you test it, if it is clear you could see Your anus, OOps, I mean Uranus!
smiley4.gif

wade said:
You are a nut!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif
So how do you test it, if it is clear you could see Your anus, OOps, I mean Uranus!
smiley4.gif

I dont sit on the scope while testing
smiley5.gif

Scotty, seriously, that is quite the tele you have there. Must have costed some serious deniro!
smiley20.gif

wade said:
Scotty, seriously, that is quite the tele you have there. Must have costed some serious deniro!
smiley20.gif

Well if you force me to be truthfull. My son has developed a strong interest in astronomy. I was glad it wasnt cocaine so i offered to pay for half of whetever he wanted.
So now i own half of whatever it is and never have looked through
it yet. I was out like a light when he brought it over at midnight sat night. My lady friend was up and they went outside and viewed some planets.
The silly wine skit was all that i have ever used it for.
When I showed my son the photo that i posted his first comment was that the lense caps were on.
Oh well
smiley36.gif
we are all diferent and i'm glad my children are working in the computer field instead of ownig small grogery stores like thier Dad.

So any impurities must really show up there! I would hate to see a chunk of yeast showing up in that thing- it would look like the Blob that invaded Brooklyn.
smiley3.gif

Wade you truly are the best!!!
smiley32.gif
, i drop from laughter everytimeI read your posts.

Scotty that would be great for window peeping in a big city apartment buiding lol
smiley35.gif

Trigham said:
Wade you truly are the best!!!
smiley32.gif
, i drop from laughter everytimeI read your posts.

Scotty that would be great for window peeping in a big city apartment buiding lol
smiley35.gif

I cam see all the way to Minnesota from here
smiley17.gif
. OOPS YOU GOT ME
smiley18.gif
Edited by: scotty

Trig,

Here,,,,just open the shade and look...you're bound to see something you don't want to see...without a scope.

Ramona

Did you spot any UfO's over Gulf Breeze with that thing?

Or maybe Waldo on Christmas Eve?Edited by: rgecaprock

Back