I want to make homemade wine labels, How???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnnyK68 said:
OK, my wife has decided she would like to make the wine labels for my wine. I really didn't want to get into it, but anything I can do to get and keep her involved would be good. What is the simplest way for me to do this? What programs should I buy, what paper, etc...??? I am going into this not really knowing anything about it. Hate to admit that I am that much of a computer illiterate but I am. Please help. Thanks.

Hi JohnnyK68....have you and your wife started her venture in label making yet???

Things don't have to get too complicated....you can use programs that came on your computer...any card making program might have a label making part [like for shipping labels, etc] she can use that format...find a size of label that suits you both and play around with it.

If you are making fruit wines you can do a Google Search for 'Fruit Images' and get all sorts of fruit images..

Keep us Posted on her progress...

We have ventured into it a little. Put my first labesl on today, and started to design the second. I just got some paper from my LHBS and have used Picture It to come up with something simple that my wife seems happy with. Bought the shrink wrap and they look pretty good. Im not going to get too carried away, she basicly just wanted something that looked better then a plain green bottle when giving wine away. After doing these bottles tonight I have to say she was right. They look alot nicer like this. I will take some pics. Keep forgetting to get batteries.

Thanks for asking. And thatnks to everyone, great advice here as usual.
Also if the date ever gets set for anything in the NE, I will try my hardest to be there. With a kid on the way, and race season about to start soon it might be tough, but I will definatley try to be there. God knows I would want to!

Kid on the way huh,1st? I have 2(1 is 8, the other 4 now) The later is still in pullups but really doesnt need them anymore. Well give it another month just to be safe. My daughter was out of those at 3 but hes a stubborn one, hes does things his way, end of story! Congrats Johnny!

Wade, I have 1 wife has both from previous marriages. 1st together. Thank you for the congrats. A future drag racer, winemaker on the way...LOL!

JohnnyK68 said:
Wade, I have 1 wife has both from previous marriages. 1st together. Thank you for the congrats. A future drag racer, winemaker on the way...LOL!

What this should of said is that I have 1 and my wife has 1, both of them are from previous mariages. Made my wife sound like she has been married twice, and has 2 kids from 2 different guys. Not the picture I wanted to paint.
smiley36.gif

JohnnyK68 said:
Thats funny, I thought you had 2 wives!
smiley36.gif

Don't forget VA!, Richmond just up the street for you NASCAR fans. I'm in VA now, but still consider myself a New Yorker; Upstate anyway. I'd be more than eager to bring some meager offerings to get some feedback on and pick your brains.

Latest posts

Back