Homemade Labels. Time For A Vote!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I printed them all, and to be honest, I like them all. Not on this bottle perhaps, but they all look good to me and I am sure they will have their places over the years. Some I would highlight the text before going to print, but I'm happy with my efforts.

I think they are in the order I would choose with my favourites starting from left to right. I would really appreciate your opinions. These are not final prints so they will be clearer and sharper on label paper. Please vote for a favorite or list in order of preference.

Thanks!IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0786.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
I believe #2 is best in class - BUT - #4 would probably give it a run or even move to #1 if the claw was reversed out to white. The graduated tint just feels muddy. I like the basic design a lot!

Great job on these labels. You are an inspiration to us all!

I would put #1 and #2 at the top in a tie. #1 is clean and simple, very professional looking. I also like the bold red stripe on #2. Runner up is #5. On #5 I would lighten the "Bear Claw Winery" text color a little so that it is easier to read. But I think that you are right to make the variety a little brighter than the winery name.

[Taking notes for my own label designs...]

Well, I printed them all, and to be honest, I like them all. Not on this bottle perhaps, but they all look good to me and I am sure they will have their places over the years. Some I would highlight the text before going to print, but I'm happy with my efforts.

I think they are in the order I would choose with my favourites starting from left to right. I would really appreciate your opinions. These are not final prints so they will be clearer and sharper on label paper. Please vote for a favorite or list in order of preference.

Thanks!View attachment 89531
View attachment 89533
I like #1 the best.

Great job on these labels. You are an inspiration to us all!
Thanks, these actually all turned out better than I expected. It's hard to see what will look good without the bottle to frame it. I tried one on an empty bottle and thought it looked terrible. The contrast of the green threw it off, but it looks great on a filled bottle.

I appreciate the high praise, we are always our own worst critic.

BUT - #4 would probably give it a run or even move to #1 if the claw was reversed out to white.

I thought I would hate #4 which is why I didn't do any changes to it before printing. It looked very bland on a white screen. I agree with you and I think it will be moving up the list after some changes.

I like number one for it's simplicity. I'm going to sit on it for a bit, but I may start with that one. The black cap and the black label just look clean.

Use them all. While folks will like one over another, they all will decorate your wines with pride!

I think they will all have a place over time. Maybe with some tweaks, but I am surprised I like as many as I do. So many looked plain on the screen.
Having different but recognizably similar labels will be highly helpful when you have a lot of wines in the bottle. Use 3 and 7 for whites, and the others for different reds.
This will be a concern for sure. I put gallon 51, another dandelion, in primary last night.

Thanks!View attachment 89531
View attachment 89533

I’ve really been wanting to make my own labels. I have a brother label printer how did you make these?

I found the claw online and used gimp (paint.net is a another free alternative) to add the text and create the logo, change colours etc.. I bought Avery labels planning to print them myself, but because I picked such bold colours it didn't work well on my inkjet.

I used Avery to lay out the various designs and took the labels to a local print shop to have the tests printed.

https://www.avery.com/software/design-and-print/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back