I might have screwed my wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a pH number and it is under 3 we would suggest a correction, yeast are happier above 3.2 but it can be done.
There is a concept called buffer capacity. Three teaspoons equals one table spoon. With the style of wines I make I would not see a significant effect. HOWEVER ,,, if I was making fruit wines with one pound of fruit per gallon I would see the change. (Water is transparent in adding acid/ the grams of dry solids is related to the buffer capacity)

If you have a pH number and it is under 3 we would suggest a correction, yeast are happier above 3.2 but it can be done.
There is a concept called buffer capacity. Three teaspoons equals one table spoon. With the style of wines I make I would not see a significant effect. HOWEVER ,,, if I was making fruit wines with one pound of fruit per gallon I would see the change. (Water is transparent in adding acid/ the grams of dry solids is related to the buffer capacity)
Thank you so much man you've been a help since I've been on this form

Back