I made good pineapple wine now i want strawberry recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jimmyjames , I got a bunch of metabisulphite here ,how much should I add to 4 US gallons of must ?

A little less than 1/2 teaspoon. This will give you around 50 ppm

Add it to the must, stir and let it sit for 48 hours.
Then pitch the yeast.

I would suggest on the k-meta, that even for 4 gallons you do not even add 1/4 teaspoon(tsp), typically you add 1/4 tsp per 5-6 gallons. If you add too much it will eventually dissipate given time.

I simply keep a glass bottle/jar of solution, identified/sealed/dated, in refrig which is made by diluting 1/4 tsp k-meta with 5 teaspoons of water, repeat until container is filled to volume I desire; then I simply dose with 1 tsp/gallon. This comes in handy for me for any k-meta dosing, plus as long as you catch the strong odorous whiff of the k-meta solution you know it is still good.
Just check the label of your product because I have read labels indicating 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons versus 6 gallons.

Sarah's right. Less is better. I don't imagine you'll be sitting on it very long.

Well I followed my pineapple wine recipe , but substituted strawberrys instead. that was on April 3rd. tonight I opened the sealed container and took out a little liquid ( wine ) it has a high alchol content ,but tastes bitter , I usually mix my wine with 7-up . After sipping this stuff straight , I didnt like it , it had a strawberry taste but was over powered by the bitter taste . I had been warned not to toss everything into a container for 3 weeks , but didnt listen. I didnt open the lid until now. Maybe if I had siphoned the wine into a carboy the seeds wouldnt have left this taste . ( I had been told the seeds give a bitter taste ) . I get a good taste after mixing it with 1/4 ginger ale. I'm not sure what to do with the rest of it , and the other 4 gallon container too. I guess I'll let them sit ,and some day I'll get the urge to bottle the stuff. I'm wondering if I sweeten it , will the bitterness go away ? Its not that bad , I drank a bit tonight and am ok , slightly drunk but OK.
neil

Let it ferment completely. Add sorbate and k meta. Wait a few days then you can safely add sugar to sweeten it. That way you won't be lowering the ABV by diluting it with soda.

It was syrup, I dilluted it way down and its ready to strain and drink. I took a sample , high in alchol,but also high in bitterness, someone said the strawberry seeds will cause that if I didn't rack it after 5-7 days or so .. I left it all in the plastic pails since the 3 of april, airtight lids on the pails... Maybe next time I'll rack it . My pineapple wine was always great and I just did the same thing never racking . I guess pineapples dont have seeds.
Come to think of it my Manchu berry wine was bitter as can be and I left those seeds in too. hmmm,, could there be a pattern forming here ?

Back