I like fishing too.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galen1

Reaction score
Just bored this morning and found this forum. Thought I'd show fishing I've done down at Lake of the Ozarks. My daughter loves fish also.

Big Blue.jpg

Big Blue 007.jpg

Lake May 005.jpg

Nice catfish. And the green trees, shorts and short sleeve shirts look great too. Waiting for warm weather. Arne.

Are those big ones like that fit to eat? If they are you would need an empty freezer to pack all those fillets!

It is easy to see why you were smiling in that first picture.

Nice! We fish mostly for catfish and stripers, stripers hang 50' to 60' feet down so landing one can be quite fun.

Well, we have fun with the blue's. She was 55#'s and no we don't eat the big one's, ever. 25 and below we eat. She was small. Trust me. I have pictures to prove it. We sometimes pull 200#'s a weekend. We play hard, all night. You have to work all night to get the big one's.

Very nice, did you see the thread I started awhile back? http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f19/fishing-13878/
Below is my biggest fish to date on boat and then biggest from shore. Boat was 51" and shore was 39".
Striper-1.jpg

39Striper.jpg

My friend Tommy and I with his dad caught these in an eighteen hour period, within a half mile of my cabin.
2z6gvfd.jpg
2z6gvfd.jpg

No they are not dried out. Blue cat are like that. Have thin skin. No scales. If you look close you can see the ribs on the one thats lying on the dock. He was just lifted out of the water.

I havent gone in 2 weeks now due to the temps here, I dont ice fish. Temps are going back up to 45 -54 this week so cant wait to get out there again, going stir crazy here.

Back