Too much time on my hands

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my vineyard and wine shut down for the winter I’ve got too much time to get in trouble,so I tookAmtrak to St. Louis to visit my daughter and ended up buying a 2004 honda pilot. Amazing how little rust on cars in St. Louis. A car that old in Wisconsin would be very rusted out. I ( my neighbor)had to weld some reinforcement plates on the frame, but otherwise it’s just some light maintenance. After my 1991 Mercedes I said I’d never buy an old car ,but the Japanese seem to build well thought out cars. The maintenance I need to do is very accessible and to do. Amtrak is nice way to travel btw.

I looked at a couple really nice Jeep liberty’s no rust , spotless interiors, but the bearings in the rearend were shot, my daughters car is 10 years old and her husband’s is 13 and only a little bit of surface rust on the inside of the bottom of the doors. I’m seriously considering starting a side gig buying cars in St. Louis and selling them in Wisconsin, make a little money and see my daughter more.

Back