Howdy from St. Albert, AB

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef57

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a novice brewer/wine maker.
I just made the jump into all-grain brewing. As far as wine is concerned, the only experience i have outside of a few kits is about 5 batches of Skeeter Pee...
This is actually how I found this forum, I was looking for ideas and pointer on how to flavour the SP with something other than KoolAid?!?! (no I did not try this....)

I have found much inspiration and information in the couples days reading through this forum!!
Thank you all

Stephan

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

What were some of the kits you made? Was it the kit making that led you to make the Skeeter Pee?

What were some of the kits you made? Was it the kit making that led you to make the Skeeter Pee?

I have done RJ Spagnols kits, off the top of my head i did a white zinfandel, chile malbec, a Barolo (which was incredible!)
My first 2 kits were some kind of wine coolers.. they came with the 2nd hand gear i bought.
I read about SP in a brewing forum, I had been making a bit more beer because although i love wine, I lost interest in kits... Brewing was more hands on and from scratch...
It instantly peaked my interest!! I could now make a wine like beverage from scratch!!! and now reading through this forum, i find that i apparently been missing out!
My wife should be thrilled to know that i now need a set of gear for beer and 1 for wine...;)

I have done RJ Spagnols kits, off the top of my head i did a white zinfandel, chile malbec, a Barolo (which was incredible!)
My first 2 kits were some kind of wine coolers.. they came with the 2nd hand gear i bought.
I read about SP in a brewing forum, I had been making a bit more beer because although i love wine, I lost interest in kits... Brewing was more hands on and from scratch...
It instantly peaked my interest!! I could now make a wine like beverage from scratch!!! and now reading through this forum, i find that i apparently been missing out!
My wife should be thrilled to know that i now need a set of gear for beer and 1 for wine...;)

Great! Thanks for sharing.

I started wine making just two years and a few weeks ago. Started with an RJS Pinot Noir kit and now have done ~ 15 kits of which all but one has been from RJS. My wife has been very pleased with the whites from the VdV series taken off dry with 2 cups of sugar. I've especially liked the reds from the RJS CC WS line.

Haven't tried the Skeeter Pee but have now made 5 batches of Dragons Blood all of which have come out really good and have been enjoyed by many family members and friends.

I'm pretty much at the level of wine making that I want to be. Might try a juice bucket wine down the road but I've no interest in starting a batch from grapes.

Looking forward to seeing more of your postings on this and other threads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back