Super spicy ginger wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..and just when you thought the story was finished!! Took some of the wine down to the local HBS as they had been subjected to my previous failures. The wine ended up with rave reviews, one chap who tasted it asked why I hadn’t entered it in the local agricultural show, as he thought it may have come close to winning.
I thought he was just being kind, but I will keep a bottle back and enter it next year. Fingers crossed , hey?

Hey Tom and Red,
Apparently no stuff up in the end, recently had a crack at Tea Wine and made more than a few errors in that one too, but amazingly it looks like being ok as well, going to run out of luck sooner or later.

The neighbours? Oh well I’ve got a lot more of them. Here is what happened.

As per my cunning plan I made a batch of my gran’s non alcoholic ginger beer and gave a couple of bottles to them (Mrs Neighbour is a teetotaller). Just for the hell of it I had done a SG reading before bottling and promptly forgot about it. When I finally got around to checking it, 5% alcohol content.

Stupidly, I wandered over and shared my discovery in the hope of retrieving the bottles. Turns out Mrs Neighbour is a teetotaller no more and is more than a little peeved at me. Funnily enough, Mr Neighbour, tipped me a wink as I left, and I found some of his delicious chilli relish on the front porch a couple of days later, lord knows what happened but maybe all is not lost.

Latest posts

Back