How long can fruit be kept in the freezer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
I put big fall ferment plans into place starting last spring, I gathered several pounds of peaches, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Then waited for grapes the fall to put with them.
I was excited, big plans, several hundred bottles all going at once, then it hit me! I do not have enough carboys:slp
Currently I have all my carboys full and have 80lbs of Chancellor, 25 lbs of blueberries, and 20 lbs of raspberries in the freezer. The chancellor was from this fall but the berries have been in there since mid summer.
Do you think they will survive in the freezer until spring before I can start bottling without any ill effect on the wine or should I force myself to invest in more carboys this fall?

Buys the carboys and don't look back. Incidentally if you buy enough for this harvest you still won't have enough next year. Always works out that way until you're around 40 carboys. Next will be kegs and tanks.

Yes you will be fine. I have had fruit frozen for up to one year with no problems

That's my thought Julie, a year. Best to vacuum pack it if you can or get as much air out as possible.

Vacuum pack is the way to go, you get more room in the freezer that way.
I can not wait till spring next year...all ready have plans for my black berrys and my mustang grapes, and figs..
I just got turned on to a place that was loaded with chokecherrys this year
but too late to get them now.

James, chokecherry makes a good wine. Chokecherry didn't do well around here lasts u mer but hopefully I will be able to get some next year.

And yes to the vacuum pack, I do this whenever I can

Latest posts

Back