RJ Spagnols How long are kits good for?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be scoffed for sure - but I actually attempted a Chardonnay concentrate (not a kit) after finding the canned juice 7 yrs later. The juice was an amber color - believe it or not I just bottled 5 gallons as sweet Italian "Vin Santo" and it is great!

I'll be scoffed for sure - but I actually attempted a Chardonnay concentrate (not a kit) after finding the canned juice 7 yrs later. The juice was an amber color - believe it or not I just bottled 5 gallons as sweet Italian "Vin Santo" and it is great!

Just curious, was the juice frozen or preserved in some other way?

i just got two kits in the mail i order 1st one is a Merlot with a date of 2/7/12 and the 2nd one is a Chardonnay with a date of 12/22/11 both kits are 5.1 kits will they be ok or should i contact the seller

I purchased a White Zinfandel in Dec. 2009, and did not start it until April 2012 - it was fantastic and no issues at all.

The guy at the wine store told me that if the fermentation didn't take off, to buy new yeast. He also mentioned to watch the colour of the wine - if it was brown, that meant it was oxidized and probably would not do well. Obviously, if the juice smells bad, you should throw it away.

Just my experience!

thank's for the reply i'm going to stsrt it this weekend i did order some extra yeast just in case

Just picked up a RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic Cabernet Shiraz. I was in a rush and didnt look at the date on the box 20111116. 11-16-2011 im guessing. What do you guys think. I haven't opened her up yet but I'm curious if yinz think it would be worth going back to my LHBS and seeing what they'll do for me.

Latest posts

Back