How do U Sweeten/Flavor kit wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a decent sweetness for fruit wines? BTW first post on here, been more of a lurker and trying to learn.
WELCOME !
So you can type... LOL
As far as whats a good gravity... It's up to YOUR taste and no one elses. You are making wine for yourself not judges in a competition.
Just a little of trial and error

Thanks Tom! Typing is easy it's this wine thing that's a challenge.

I followed Wade E recepit on Crabapple Wine, and sitting at the back-sweetening stage. It has a very tart/sour, as these were those little crabappples size of a grape, and want to make sure that I don't over do the simple syrup. Suggestions on how much to add at a time to a 23L batch so I don't go to far?

1st make a qt of simple syrup. After you added Meta and sorbate add 1/2 of the jar and mix VERY well. taste. keep adding till you like it.
Remember you will still have the tartnes so dont add to much. swetening will not take the tartness out.. It's the way it should taste ,, Think Cranberry. You can sweeten it but still tart

Is that a decent sweetness for fruit wines? BTW first post on here, been more of a lurker and trying to learn.

1.014 is where we like our rieslings. I made a blueberry and sweetened to 1.020 and it was awesome.

Sweeten to taste. I like to think of the fruit I used in the wine. Is it a sweet fruit, then sweeten a little more. If it's a drier fruit, then make it a drier wine.

Start out low and sweeten slowly. You will fine your own areas in time.

Yes Cranberry, good point! I'll take it nice and slow and see how it goes. Thanks for advise!

Latest posts

Back