Mosti Mondiale How are those FreshJuice's coming along??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grilljockey

Junior
Reaction score
I know a number of folks purchased the MM FreshJuice pails back in the fall.With the Chilean FreshJuice pails on the horizon, I'm wondering what people think so far?

I'm debating buying another AllJuice or taking another step forward on the FreshJuice.

I have to say, my AllJuice Castel de Papa was just racked and is ready for bulk aging. Quick taste was really promising. Much less 'fake' or 'KT' as compared with my other first kits which are a few months old now (Cellar Crafts with grapepacks). Guess I'll have to wait another number of months before I make a firmer judgement...but so far, so good.

If the FreshJuice is looking even better than the AllJuice, I'll be sold!

The FreshJuice's are not shelf stabilized (flash pasteurized) and have to be semi-frozen from processing until you are ready to ferment. They are pre-inoculated with yeast and once they thaw and hit room temp, they start fermentaion. They also go through MLF I believe.

They are typically only offered in the fall and spring (spring is from South America).

Nino, Mosti president, thinks he has it solved. He running a test and promises to have me a go or no go by Friday. Watch for next month's newsletter.
We did not malo any of the fresh juices, so they are just now starting to soften up. Will provide more info in the newsletter.

geocorn said:
Nino, Mosti president, thinks he has it solved. He running a test and promises to have me a go or no go by Friday. Watch for next month's newsletter.
We did not malo any of the fresh juices, so they are just now starting to soften up. Will provide more info in the newsletter.

Actually, I intended to ask more along the lines of 'how's the quality of the kits that y'all started back in the fall' as compared with the AllJuice. I can see how my phrasing could have looked like I was asking about the container/shipping issue.

So thanks for the response on that part too George! Hopefully I'll get a two-fer on one subject line!
smiley1.gif

I have 4 ready to bottle and hope to get the Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc bottled up soon and report on tasting.

I believe George (and I'm sure others) started some of the Chilean last spring too so I'd be interested to know how they are progressing. I realize they need time to age properly but I'm also wondering how it compares with their alljuice kits. I've also never had any Chilean wines at all--most I've had were from California.

Edited by: Jackie

I have 2 of frozen buckets I'll bottle in March. Haven't tasted since Nov when I racked. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Latest posts

Back