How about a Hopsicle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok im game--First, ill see if a small glass of wine freezes.
smiley36.gif

Oh heck. We had beersicles when I was in high school.
smiley9.gif
And we didn't need to add fruit to them. We decided beer was better in the suggested serving state.
smiley36.gif

Its in the freezer now. I filled a 6 oz glass1/2 full with some wine. Its almost frozen now. Ill wait a fer more hours and take a picture of it when i remove it from the glass.
Since i don,t havethe correct mold, this item may be properly called a wine blop cicle. Or something worse if you raise livestock
smiley11.gif

Waldo said:
Alright scotty.......How did it turn out buddy?

You know i forgot about it waldo. Its 4:30 am and i will go look Now.

BRB

Its frozen but not solid. As I expected, that is from the alcohol content. It smells nice. I supose that the wines would have to be heated to about 180 degrees for a period of time to drive off the alcohol.

Its in a small glass and im to sleepy to take pictures.

I have another batch of something or other that I am making for a local july 4th picnic. If i remember ill try applying a period of heat to some of that batch to drive off the alcohol.
I suspect though that if we want a true wine popcycle we can do no better than frozen no alcohol wine.. If it is still wine at that stage.

Richt now the wine popsicle is basically a flopcycle

Back