Hospital visit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was good enough for Brett Favre...............

Hope you are feeling better today Wade.....

Unfortunately, Vicodin and Ultram and Darvocet all make me sick. I would rather deal with the back pain than the nausea and weirdness from the pills. Wine helps though!!!! At my second job,,,by the end of the 4 hour evening I am in alot of pain and just watching the clock until it is time that I can get in the car and drive home. I'm scheduled for an 8 hour day next Sat. and already dreading how I will feel being on my feet that long, with the pain shooting down my legs.........Ok....thanks for letting me complain....but I know many of you can certainly relate.

Wade welcome to the club (not a good one to join). First your black eye now this. What really sucks is having to get someone to put on your socks, jeans and shoes for you.

I feel for ya, take it easy.

Wade, at least your back problem is not like mine -- as my wife says, my "back problem" is really a "front" problem!

But, having said that, listen to your doc's and be conservative. My back problem (degenerative disk) is pretty much taken care of with daily exercise that stemmed from physical therapy during a particularly bad back muscle spasm/disc compression back in 1993! I still do the exercises each morning, 15 years later. The PT was trained in a particular method (I think McCormick method if I remember correctly) and she specialized in different back issues. But, what works for one isn't necessarily the best for another, so get lots of input before you go do something that could cause even bigger problems. A degenerative disk isn't the same as a fall and wrenching of whatever it was you did to your back.
smiley2.gif

Hope you feel better -- I KNOW you've learned already how your back is key to EVERYTHING!
smiley36.gif

Wade, take care and hope your up and moving soon. I echo the idea of seeing a chiropractor. I've seen one for a few years now and he's pretty much eliminated the back and neck pain I had from scoliosis (my spine curves the wrong way).

Feeling much better today but will see the doc tomorrow. Was a little rough getting on the boots to go to work this morning but managed to make it through the day. Now every other part of my body hurts from favoring the bad part.
smiley36.gif

It's a shame you have your woes about those better bottles, this would make one heck of a good excuse to the wife to rid yourself of those heavy glass tubs
smiley2.gif

Just checking in on you, hope all is at least smoothing out for you.

Hey mud, use this for justification. 6 gallons of wine, either from fruits or a kit probably costs around $100. Then the carboys now cost $40-50 each. If you drop one carboy of wine, you just lost more than the price of a pump, plus stained the carpet or ruined the hardwood floo for another major repair bill. Even if you don't drop it, you could do like Wade and strain your back. Hundreds if not thousands of dollars in lost wages, doctor and hospital bills, plus pain and suffering! Add it all up and a pump is CHEAP!

appleman said:
Hey mud, use this for justification. 6 gallons of wine, either from fruits or a kit probably costs around $100. Then the carboys now cost $40-50 each. If you drop one carboy of wine, you just lost more than the price of a pump, plus stained the carpet or ruined the hardwood floo for another major repair bill. Even if you don't drop it, you could do like Wade and strain your back. Hundreds if not thousands of dollars in lost wages, doctor and hospital bills, plus pain and suffering! Add it all up and a pump is CHEAP!

Wow...........

Could you start that paragraph with "Dear Mrs Johnson"............
smiley36.gif

Dear Mrs. Johnson,Consider this,6 gallons of wine, either from fruits or a kit probably costs around $100. Then the carboys now cost $40-50 each. If you drop one carboy of wine, you just lost more than the price of a pump, plus stained the carpet or ruined the hardwood floo for another major repair bill. Even if you don't drop it, you could do like Wade and strain your back. Hundreds if not thousands of dollars in lost wages, doctor and hospital bills, plus pain and suffering! Add it all up and a pump is CHEAP!

smiley4.gif
How's that Jobe?
smiley36.gif

I'm all about the new toys its her that doesn't understand.
I'm alway saying baby this400 dollar tool will bring me home to you in half the time.
appleman,I like the way you think,do you offer counseling???
smiley36.gif

I would have used that excuse only I already had the pump in my basement when this happened and I cant for the life of e come up with something else I need!
smiley15.gif

You must be in terrible pain Wade, that you can't come up with something....Think through the pain,,,there must be something you need [want]...
smiley3.gif

I think a more handicapped friendly home with about 50 acres of gently sloping open fields would be needed ........... I mean...... a man in your condition can't be traversing those stairs every day..................

Latest posts

Back