Hospital visit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See Wade, with a little help from your friends there is all kinds of thing you need...
smiley36.gif

Well I just got back from 1 doctor and survey says through X-Ray that i have disc compressing on nerve which explains the left leg being almost completely numb. He wants me to get an MRI now and go to physical therapy. He asked me when I plan on going back to work and I said ummmm, I just came from work!
smiley36.gif
Mortgage doesnt pay itself!

Wade, You need logging chains to keep me from going to work when I am hurt. But We are still young (1970 )with many years of work ahead of us. As much as I would hate to stay home you need to take care of yourself. Just keep it in mind. ( I will do the same)

wade said:
They gave me Vicodin as a pain killer an Flexeral as a muscle relaxer.

Been there different injury route. i would recommend red wine with this combination. I usually found a syrah tobe best
smiley2.gif

quick recovery.
lots of posts with recomendations, my last pt'ist essentially told me that a lazy patient is in pain. and she didn't lie. when i was told i could return to normal activities i got lazy and sure enough the shooting pain started again.

the winter is a bugger, i had to pull my father up an iced walk, and take him to the er this week in il. broken ankle. watch out for that ice!!!

Wow, wade - been down a couple of days with the flu stuff but am better today - wish you could have had this instead. I, too, have a sensitive back and suffer also. Not, fun - but I did buy my wife a nurses outfit and she sure looks great in it - takes my mind off of the pain. You might wanna try that too!!!

Anyway, get better and the pump sure sounds good - I did get a buon vino filter for Christmas and the instructions say you can transfer wine with this without putting in the filter pads. BUT, only for 10-15 gallons before letting the motor cool for awhile. I'm gonna try this too - A lot better that 400 if it works.

Get better buddy - Happy New Year!!!

rrawhide

rrawhide said:
Wow, wade - been down a couple of days with the flu stuff but am better today - wish you could have had this instead. I, too, have a sensitive back and suffer also. Not, fun - but I did buy my wife a nurses outfit and she sure looks great in it - takes my mind off of the pain. You might wanna try that too!!!

rrawhide

I can just picture Wade in that Nurse's outfit now.............
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Not a pretty sight...............................

Awe come on Wade, you need a nurse's hat for that to work! Besides, he said nurse, not runway model for a pageant.

Happy New Year Wade. I hope the back did a bit better today. Do you at least have tomorrow off with pay?

Yes, I have tomorrow off with pay and the back is feeling ok. I just dont like the fact that the left side of my left rear, leg and foot are completely numb. The doctor yesterday checked my reflexes at my ankle and had no reflex at all until he checked my knee and I kicked him square in the knee cap!
smiley36.gif
Youd think they would be aware of a response like that and be clear out of the way, he was lucky i wasnt wearing my steel toes as we was hurting pretty good. I think I gave him a reflex check also as his leg jumped pretty good also!
smiley9.gif

That's funny Wade. I need a good laugh after the last few days. I have had a good case of a boomerang cold or flu since before Christmas and it keeps geeting worse. My Mom invited all of us kids and 5 out of 6 of uswere able to come to dinner tonight (oldest brother couldn't come after cutting his fingers in a table saw with no guard-sound familiar Wade?). I figured since my temp was under 101 for a change that I would go- bad mistake.............

ANyways, that's funny. Wish I had been there when you were in his office with the Naughty Nurse Nancy outfit on
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Hey Wade,

I think I found your naughty nurse. Take your pick......

enema-cover.jpg
nurse.gif

I guess it depends on what shes doing with that glove or where that needles going!
smiley3.gif

Hey Wade! Sorry to hear about your achin back! Been there, Done that! I hurt my back on a construction job. ( lifting a beam). My boss took me to a chiropractor and he put the finishing touches on it! I ended up with a spinal fusion. My advice, STAY AWAY FROM THE DAMNED CHIROPRACTOR!!!

I was not going to say it!!! But I can not help it. Sorry chiropractor lovers. Most people that see a chiropractor see them for life. They can not go a month without seeing one.. ??????? Is that a good thing????? We stopped our Grand Dad from going and he got better. ( this was in the 90s ) I'm just saying thatit is a scary thing and......... that I am not a doctor.

Conflicting opinions, Ive heard about 50/50 now so I guess I'll just go with my gut instinct and agree with you on these people Barney.

After maintaining computer networks at a few Chiropracter's Offices for a number of years, I have mixed feelings about them. I always saw the same patients coming in all the time, whenever I was needed to be there. I had a number of them say that they had to come to the office for an adjustment. Quite a few said that generally their back hurt worse when they left than when they came in. Some went so far as to say they felt fine by day 6, but after their visit it would hurt like heck for the next 5 days. They make very good clients though. Around here about the only new offices going up were Chiropracter's offices. Another beautiful one going in right now even with negative construction growth in our area.

Me, I just got a waterbed for a few years and my pains in the spine went away. Whenever I went somewhere and spent the night in a regular bed, my back would ache for the next two days. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in physical threapy, I just wonder sometimes if a few too may people get it unneccesarily.

Latest posts

Back