homemade press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris400

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any directions on makeing a homemade press from something like PVC that i can use for small amnounts like 10 gal or less
thanks
chris

Could always use some paint straining bags and a clean/sanitized mop bucket with a ringer.

Could always use some paint straining bags and a clean/sanitized mop bucket with a ringer.

That's what I did my first time last fall with only 3 lugs and it was still not fun.
This year with 7 lugs, I gotta find a better solution....

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I just built one this year. Took about a week of evenings, plus two Saturdays, but I can use it for small batches with a pvc basket from water main pipe, or use it with the wood basket (which was the majority of the work building it) for about a #35 size basket.

Press mechanism is a bottle jack from harbor freight. Packs up fairly well. Total cost was about $180 I think, but would be lower with a smaller basket.

That's what I did my first time last fall with only 3 lugs and it was still not fun.
This year with 7 lugs, I gotta find a better solution....

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

You need a press! You are very brave to have ordered 7 lugs with no press. I'm 'im-pressed'. :)

A very good friend gave me this smaller press - which I use a 8'' plastic water main pipe and suck out the juice within the 5 gallon bucket. There is also a nice 300 micron bag that fits over the pipe

pumpkin press [620x514].jpg

Back