Hole in the Bank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I took this picture last week, and just now downloaded off of my camera.

I was intrigued by the hole, I have some more close ups, but, they are irrelevant. I think it was a fox or a wolverine. It goes in there pretty far! I was thinking about sticking my head in there, but, well use your imagination! Zoom in on it.

This picture has not been altered in anyway whatsoever.

Look at it close. Can you see all the faces in there?

I just seen this photo myself for the first time about an hour ago. This was taken about 30 miles out of town in the middle of nowere.

No human made any of this. Kinda funny what mother nature sends your way, and you are to busy to recognize. I didnt see it at the moment I took this, it was just now I took a close look at it!

Wow, sometimes the life around me really freaks me out. This is one of those moments! Even if you dont know what it represents!

For all of you freaks, zoom in on the hole. HMM LOL, just sayin!:i

A couple minutes later we were on the way out and I seemn this Moose with two babies, its a littlel not so clear, but there she is!

T

doley hole.jpg

momma moose.jpg

Last edited:
Troy I blew it up but still could not see any faces. However I am impressed by the different colors of weeds in front of it. Great pictures. Hey the Northern lights had a great show the last couple of nights. How about some new pictures of that? You know we always enjoy your pictures.

Look immediatelly to the left of the fox hole see the eyes, nose and eyebrows? Look to the far left edge of the picture, see it? Now look between then a lil lower.

And yes, last night around midnight the Northern Lights were absolutely screaming. I actually grabbed a lawn chair, a bit intoxicated and sat ouside for a bit and watched them. It was around ten degrees so I didnt want to fall asleep out there. Last winter we all feel like we got cheated, we had very little N lights, but if this is a start, wow. They never get old.

I am not going to get into it in the forum but, in the last few weeks I have lost some good friends, a few are close to not being here any longer.

It has been a very very emotional taxing couple weeks, but, I have always thought they communicate somehow through the Aurora.

They were absolutely "jamming" last night. best I have seen in a long while. Certainly not last winter.

Heres a link, but without a 360 dgree perephial vison, its just not the same.

http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Curtis/aurora/aurora.html

There is absolutely nothing that compares to seeing this and watch it move so dynamically through the sky, changing within seconds.

I just read in our newspaper, that Japan Airlines has chartered like 30 flights to Fairbanks this winter. Man, thats alot of people. They believe if they concieve while the Aurora is screaming their offspring will be wiser, smarter, or somethning. I forget why. But they literally come here by the thousands to see this.

And they SPEND thousands for the same chance go figure! And we like that! LOL

The Aurora Borealis is something you just cant describe, it is really something phenomenal! Mostly, the best "displays" are when it super cold, late at night, dead silent. And, then they "dance".
Kinda like this guy!

:tz

Far left corner, looks like a cat, below that an old man and to the far right center a gremlin.

Dan is just not drinking the right stuff :tz

This is going to be a brutal winter. This starts my 34th, I speak from a qualified point of view.

Guess I will just curl up with the dog, in my case my cats, but, same thing.

Yu5XmV7Gu0KFeHvuXGPPsQ2.jpg

5782d1350121503-hole-bank-doley-hole.jpg

What is that sediment made from? Is it clay or hard rock material?
Is there an air current flowing out of the hole?

You may have just discovered an opening to a prehistoric cave there. That could be what's left of an entrance to prehistoric cave dwelling. This could be a find of a life time. Dig around in there, get some light in there and check it out.

I'm some what of an artist and yes I can see the faces you mention on the stone. Do you thins they are man made of natural occurrances?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back