Hillbilly Bill from West Virginia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCARRY ! Troy

Now you know what Wade is trying to say.. :db :dg :r

By Golly, that is pretty scarey, I am almost afraid to see what will happen if I actually start listening to him and doing what he says!!LOL

Ya know I remember when you were new and very quiet.. :a1
Do U remember? LOL !

Tom, that was probably before I made my first successful batch of wine. Most of those closest to me are still trying to find a way to shut me up, including my Mom!!!!!LOL
And thats not new, they have been working on that since I was in the first grade!

What did I miss?

Thanks, I edited my post, OOOPS!

Thanks Wade... the fermentation is down to about 6 bubbles per minute and is 10 days in... probably not a good time to add ascorbic acid, huh? How much should I add to a 4 gallon batch? The pH was corrected to 4.1 at the beginning (by me)... is that too high? I'm used to running my other "stuff" at about 4.8.
Also... what did I miss? What did the post say before you edited it?
HB

It said ascorbic acid would hinder a fermentation which it does not so you can add it at anytime. Thas kind of a higher PH then I like to see. I try and keep mine all below 3.65

I'll keep that number in my head... there is plenty of room for it there. I'll have to get used to the pH differences when I am making wine. If I remember correctly, my pH was around 3.3 before I "corrected" it with potassium hydroxide. Thanks...
HB

By the way, Wade, I read somewhere on the forum that new users had to post "x" number of times before they are allowed to upload pics... is that correct, and if so, how many posts will I need before I can upload a pic to a thread? Thanks...
HB

Ok, but I haven't tried to upload any pics yet... just wondered if what I read had any validity to it.
Wade, how low can my pH get before it affects the ability of the yeast to produce alcohol? Thanks...
HB

It may not effect the productivity of the yeast but will make the wine unstable as far as controlling bacteria and microbes and such. As Im sure you know at certain levels lots of things will stay in check and sulfites help that also but each little precaution helps. So Ta, Ph and S02 should really all be in check.

If I would throw a rock I would hit wayne co right smack on the tip.:fsh

Koda... if you did throw a rock toward the east, which county of the Wild and Wonderful would you hit? I am on the Kanawha River in Mason County.
Take care...
HB

Back