Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCTWinemaker

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Bill from CT. I've always enjoyed wine but was the type to keep drinking the same wines with which I felt comfortable (namely Pinot Noir). As my interest in wine grew, I became infatuated with the diverse wine universe from the old world French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish vineyards to the new world USA, South American, New Zealand, Australian and South African vineyards to name a few! I've joined several groups, attended both in-person and on-line classes and regularly listen to podcasts (great to do while mowing the lawn). I love "Wine for Normal People" run by Elizabeth Schneider, who has taught me to "get out of my comfort zone" and try all types of wine. She has inspired me to dive into the deep end of the pool, expanding my palate into the world of whites and roses (which I would never drink), as well as exploring the wines of Burgundy, Rioja, Piedmont, and other wonderful places. The rich history, geography and culture of the winemaking regions of the world adds to the excitement. Of course, the next step for any wine "mad person" would be to give the 'ole fermentation a try. Starting my first Strawberry wine fermentation about a month ago and now a Cab, really completes the circle, save planting my own wine grapes. I was shocked to discover the large number of brew shops and on-line resources devoted to winemaking, including this great site. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge, passion, wisdom and advice with this newbie! I hope to be able to return the favor to future winemakers someday.

Back