High Gloss Wine Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have been looking all over is there anywhere that either sells the proffesional heavy grade labels or High gloss labels for wine.. George if you do I am sorry just point me in the right direction...Ben

Hi bmorosco,
I have found that the best way to do labels for me is to have FedEX Kinkos do it. I send them to one that is local and they are so nice. They are heavy and glossy but not glarey. They look very professional.

I printed a few from my ink jet but no comparrison, although I did not have that type of label paper. I think the laser printer makes a big difference also.

Check with Kinko's and give it a try.

Ramona

P.S. They will cut them for you too.Edited by: rgecaprock

Wade and sang,

I was emailing them but I think I have to do it another way now, I have to read their website. I think you can use a cd also. I don't know what the paper grade is but it almost feels like plastic when I peel off the backing. I'm going to get on the site tonight and see all the ways to send a project. They would have them ready for me in an hour. I don't know if all of them don't accept emails any more or just the store I was using. I have to get my Riesling ones printed soon.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

I don't do fancy labels unless they come with a kit but here is a link to purchase paper stock and they have every size and style you could think of. Of course you need to weigh the cost of paper and ink compared to having someone like Kinkos do it for you.

I use a 3/4 inch circle to label my beer bottles by applying to the cap. Throw away the cap and no label to clean off the bottle!

I really dislike cleaning bottles.....
smiley7.gif

Well, where is the link Masta? Just kidding I try not to buy much
online but I do like the idea of going to Kinko's or maybe
OfficeMax.

Ramona: Do you use a glue stick to put them on with or are your labels on sticky paper???

The Kinko labels have a peel off backing and are already sticky.
20061109_173420_white_zin_2_-_A.jpg

20061109_173520_100_1558.JPG

They were very nice and the colors very vivid too.

Ramona

Sweet looking wine! Yourself and some of the other members of this forum have taken the label and accessories to an art form.
LT

Ramona: Those labels are beautiful. They look very professional....jh

Ramona -- GREAT label, and I assume the pic on the right of the label is one of your own flowers?

Also, do you know if Kinko's is using a label paper that has a template number ? (like Avery, etc) And, do they clean up well when the bottle is empty? I know you've posted this before (I recall the price was about $11.00 or so, but don't recall for how many) so I suppose I can just go search, but I wanted to tell you how great the label looks!
smiley32.gif

Dave

Acutally, Dave, It's not one of my flowers. That one is from Print Shop. I don't actually know what stock they used but it did seem to come off the bottles pretty easy. And they do cost about 89 cents each but by the time you spend it on ink and paper and have alabel that doesn't look like the picture on the computer because the color is off, to me it is worth it and they cut them too. I can't cut a straight line even if i have one to follow.

If you try it let me know how it comes out for you.

Ramona

Thanks, That is the wine and the label I took to Winstock this May.

Ok...here's another way to do labels. I just added this "toy" to my label arsenal! I've had this since last week but I haven't had the time to try it until today. They're not cheap but I think I made a good investment. If there's a scrapbooker in your household, it's more easily justified!
smiley2.gif

http://joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=25155&PRODID=58008&source=search

I used the cartridge that puts a thin laminate on the front and a repositionable adhesive on the back. I am delighted with the way the labels came out!

Edited by: Joan

Latest posts

Back