Hi from South LA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, New to forums but found a lot of useful information on the site.
Started making wine while living in Southern CA in the 70's.After retiring from the Navy in 78 I moved to LA.and my winemaking came to a halt.When I retired for good a few years ago I was looking for something to occupy my time so I decided to try a wine kit. It was so sucessful I am back full bore. I make mostly wine kits and wines from fruit available locally.
Presently have in wine room
WE cabernet in the secondary ageing
WE pinot Noir in the secondary ageing
Grapefruit in the primary working
Blackberry in the primary working
CC Amarone standing by waiting on a primary

By the way meet Molly (avatar) best friend and assistant

AKA Gordo

Hi Gordo,

Welcome to the Forum. Great having you join us!!

Ramona
smiley31.gif

Welcome to the forum Gordo, these are the good ol days aren't they? You and Molly have fun!

Welcome. Thought I had another South Louisiana winemaker here but it looks like you are in Los Angeles. Won't hold that against you though.
smiley2.gif
Look forward to your posts. Once again, welcome to our forums.

Welcome Gordo. nice to see another neibhor in the forum. Enjoy your hobby and the forum. Hope to here from you soon.

So are you in Louisiana or Los Angeles? I think I read the original post wrong. If in Louisiana, welcome neighbor.

Hi,Welcome to the forum.I'm also a submariner,was on two boats USS Tang (SS 563) and USS Daniel Boone (SSBN 629) both out ofPearlHarbor.

Sub Vet said:
Hi,Welcome to the forum.I'm also a submariner,was on two boats USS Tang (SS 563) and USS Daniel Boone (SSBN 629) both out ofPearlHarbor.
Nice to hear from a shipmate, I was on Grenadier SS 525, John Marshall SSBN 611 (Plank Owner), Woodrow Wilson SSBN 624 and retired as COB on Scamp SSN 588

I was a Plank owner on the Boone in the 60's.We were commission in mare island,california.We're having a ships reunion in Dallas,Tx this September.I hope too see alot of old friends there.

Back