Hi from NW Louisiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceM

Reaction score
Just getting back to winemaking after some health problems. I pretty much stick with with muscadine & fruit wines. Grow my own musc. vines & augment them with wild musc. I've got a small orchard but the deer/squirrels get most of the fruit.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. LOL, plant a couple of peach trees for the deer. My step son has a peach orchard right beside his muscadines and the deer leave his muscadines alone but are nailing all the peaches.

Last edited:
I tend the vineyards of a commercial winery. Its 22 acres of Carlos and Noble Muscadine. The deer eat these vines as if they are going out of style!!!!! So much so we had to apply for a state crop damage permit from the state to eradicate them. Maybe we should plant a peach orchard lol.... Good Luck and welcome.

brucem..was born in laplace, but raised in shreveport, went to fair park high school and played left tackle there, earning a scholarship to lsu.
Im older then you for sure...let me say, that terry Bradshaw, my freind.
ate the dust because of me..several times...and he knows it to this day.
welcome aboard..good people here and good info here...

Welcome Bruce. I'm a Muscadine/Mustang grower too. Simply because they came with the house. :)
Working on my first batch of wine now. I've had loads of help here. I went premium today because truth is, you just cant get better help than this great forum.

Geaux Tigers!

Welcome, I grow muscadines and blackberries down here in south Louisiana

Hi Bruce. Welcome. I live in Ruston for many years until I moved back home. Glad to meet you.

Hey Bruce. I can't be far from you. My address is Elm Grove, but I'm out here near the lake. I'm probably younger than you. I grew up in S La pretending to be Roger Staubach. We always wanted to beat Bradshaw. Would be cool to meet you and see if I can fill this space between my ears. Lol

Hey Bruce!
welcome back, I also haven't posted in a long time though still fermenting!
Mostly kits and fruit, herb and nut wines.

Thanks for all the welcomes! WAG if you're on Bistineau I'm just off 527 on Pine Hill Rd. Come on over, that's my pond on the road.
James, if you went to Tech with Terry, you're probably a youngster.

lol, i played for fair park high school, terry played for woodlawn high school.
both in shreveport, rivals.
terry played at tech, i played at lsu.
i went to school and played with pat tilly.
terrys first wife, jojo, was my next door neighbor

Latest posts

Back