Hi All!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I just joined this forum and am looking forward to learning and sharing information with everyone.

I work for a company called Vintner's Circle. We are a wine making on premise franchise based out of Hackettstown, NJ. We have 2 stores currently, Hackettstown & Easton, PA, but are looking to grow quickly.

We support the wine makers in our stores who make the wines of their choice from pre-pressed juice kits. We fully guarantee the quality of the wine made in our stores.

I look forward to hearing what everyone out there is making. Feel Free to check out our blog also at http://www.vintnerscircle.com/blog

Note: Reviewed by Forum Admin.

Welcome Robin. There is a lot of great information on this site and I'm sure you'll bea great asset.

Being that I've only been making wine for a year now, and live in a the middle of no-where Illinois, I didn't know about the winemaking on premises company. Sounds interesting.

Welcome aboard

Monty

Welcome Robin

Sounds like you have a great place to work. Look foward to your ideas and input.

Enjoy

Scott

Welcome Robin. Have fun and enjoy the forum. Just remember this site is owned and sponsored by FineVIneWines - The Wine Maker's Toystore. Try not to promote your own product specifically. If you have favorite kits or brands, we welcome all comments on them.

Enjoy your stays.

Welcome Robin

Glad you took me up on becoming a member.

Tom

Thanks for the welcome. I am here to share information & learn from people - not promote. I just mentioned what we do as background.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome Robin, what a great job that must be! Help people make wine and get paid for it! We'll actually, I do that here but dont get to meet many of the people!

Welcome Randy. It is a great site with fun knowledgeable people and fun just learning people (like me) and everything in-between. Your job sounds interesting. I will check out your blog.
smiley1.gif

How in the heck did I get listed as the starter of this topic? I don't remember hitting the new topic button and giving it the same topic title.

That's kind of strange.

You didn't start it Monty, I did - it was my introduction of myself to the group. Someone took offense to it & pulled it...they thought I was trying to sell to you all, but all I intended to do was explain who I was & my experience.

Sorry if I stepped on someones toes - I only joined the group to learn & share the love of winemaking.

Well welcome any way Robin.
I am sure we all can learn alot with all of our knowledge.
Please continue to post and answer questions you may be able to help with.

I said what I meant as I do get paid by learning and being fulfilled with satisfaction that I am paying forward as this is where I learned how to truly make wine and thats worth more then money. Knowledge is everything, just wish my brain could retain some of the stuff like Masta, Peter Z, and some of you other brain surgeons. If Im not using something at least a few times a month then my brain says get it out!
smiley13.gif

wade said:
If Im not using something at least a few times a month then my brain says get it out!
smiley13.gif

I tell the wife that when she gets irked because I don't remember something we did 25 years ago
smiley36.gif
I tell her I need to dump some of the garbage out of the ole head to make room for more important stuff! That gets her going
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

rraible, Welcome
Tell us what you have in your carboys. Do you have any fruit wines going?

Do you usea dry airlock? They seem pritty cool ,however I think that I would miss the bubbles.

Personally I am currently making an Australian Cabernet Shiraz blend and a Sonoma Pinot Noir. Recently finished Apple wine made from juice from a local farm.

We use a tripple ripple air lock during primary fermentation, but then once we transfer into a carboy we use a dry airlock. This is because we use better bottles. I really like the dry airlock system especially because when I go to sanitize the carboys I can put the plug in the cap and let the Potassium Metabisulfite do its job.

I agree though about the bubbling - I love it! We have some video of the bubbling that is just great - will have to get around to posting it somewhere like YouTube someday.

I made one of the Australian Cabernet Shiraz kits over two years ago and it is an extremely pleasing wine that I only break out on special occasions.

I have a few of those airlocks also for regular 6 gallon glass carboys. I don't use them often because it is hard to see if they are truly working. I have one of them in the hole in the lid of a 20 gallon plastic barrel now aging some Leon Millot wine. It seems to be working well.

I am sure that the dry airlocks can be handy and I think thatthisgives the better bottles a point too. I am a glass man myself. I like large heavy breakable objects.
smiley36.gif

Robin, welcome to the Forum!! I made the Ausralian Cabernet Shiraz and you are going to like this one! Mine is a year old and it is wonderful.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back