HELP with Concord Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

Reaction score
Friend of mine has buckets of concord grapes...I have never attempted wine with any grapes, just other fruits. I am in desperate need of any help I can get. Looking for recipes and tips. Thanks in advance!!

Concord is definitely not the tall list of wine grapes but it absolutely makes a great white wine ... Crush and destem and then press the juice off right away .. 1/4 tap of potassium metabisulfite let it sit for at least 36 hours... inoculate with lavlin EC 1118 Yeast. Make sure you get a brix reading and make any additional sugar additions necessary. Concord typically sit at 16-18 brix Max and to make a decent wine you're looking for at least 19-20 resulting 10-10.5% alc final product l.

Concord is definitely not the tall list of wine grapes but it absolutely makes a great white wine ... Crush and destem and then press the juice off right away .. 1/4 tap of potassium metabisulfite let it sit for at least 36 hours... inoculate with lavlin EC 1118 Yeast. Make sure you get a brix reading and make any additional sugar additions necessary. Concord typically sit at 16-18 brix Max and to make a decent wine you're looking for at least 19-20 resulting 10-10.5% alc final product l.
Thanks. He is bringing them over this afternoon so am glad to have some idea what to do. I am new to this so when I press the juice right away and am going for a white wine...I remove the skins right after crushing correct?

I am curious if the white concord wine tastes like a Niagara wine??

I leave the skins in the must for at least four to five days before pressing. It makes a great light body red! Add some peppercorns in the must as well for an interesting taste! No more than five days though.

Back