HELP!!!strawberry wine HELP!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosshazer

Junior
Reaction score
I started to make strawberry wine about 2 weeks ago...an emergency came up and only got the berries juiced and in a air tight container on the counter...just wondering if I throw it out or sift the top off ....HE

depends on what you have growing on the top?
If there is any mold, get rid of it. If not hit it with some K-meta

personally,as much as it would hurt,I'd toss it. 2 weeks is a long time for untreated fruit, I'm sure it doesn't look too good.

You sure it didn't start fermenting on its own?

May be fermenting, as they did in ancient times before fancy yeast and chemicals. Jesus and the people of his time just put the juice in clay pots and after time, " Wine". I would clean off the top of the cap and taste. After 2 weeks it should be approaching dry, if it tastes like wine take a gravity reading and move to secondary. May be low in Alchohol if you did not add sugar, maybe add some and leave in primary for a few more days. Mistakes like this often add up to a great wine HAHA

It's rotten. Even at the berry farms, where they wheel them into huge coolers as soon as they are picked, they barely get 2 weeks out of them.

Back