Hello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoodleBug

Reaction score
I discovered this wine making forum about two months ago and have been lurking on the sidelines.
I live in Upstate New York.
I have completed three kits so far and I am looking to "get my feet wet" (so to speak) and venture from kits. -- DoodleBug

Welcome to WMT

Which way will you be straying? Juice buckets? Grapes? Fruit wines? Meads?

Congrats, you've officially found the #1 thing a significant other will complain about :)

My train of thought at the moment is first juice, and then hopefully grapes from my yard. I have Concord, Niagra, and I think Vidal Blanc (not positive about Vidal Blanc) thick skinned grape my brother gave to me. He said it would grow here in zone 4/5. I have so much to learn.

Deezil said:
Congrats, you've officially found the #1 thing a significant other will complain about :)
Fortunately for me, my significant other enjoys wine making as much as I do! :)

i have never made wine from juice kits. i started out with fruit recipes.
welcome
I thought I would save some money making my own wine..I was wrong.
I now have buckets of every size, hoses,clamps,corks,bottles, lots and lots of bottles, 50 lbs of sugar, freezer full of various fruits. vacuum pump,inline filters, whole house filter, hand pump, batter operated syphon pump, chemicals,racking stuff,wine rack,yeast,wands,whips and
a by gone tool storage with various ferementing juce.
But...divided bottles by total investment...I am way ahead.
Good Luck...great place to learn from...

welcome aboard!
what part of upstate are you from? I have a lot of family in the Deposit area?

Duster said:
welcome aboard!
what part of upstate are you from? I have a lot of family in the Deposit area?

I am just North of Syracuse.
I have been to Deposit many times.
Family members like to go fly fishing there.
I like the diner in Roscoe.

cool not that far. I get out there about once every couple of years.
Pretty country up there, too bad it has to be associated with the city. As soon as I tell folks that my family is from NY, there first thought is time square LOL

Latest posts

Back