Hello from West Michigan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacedonut

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,
I am so new to this I haven't even started yet... lol.
I bought a one gallon kit to try it out and my plan is to start a strawberry wine on monday.
I was wondering if there are any clubs or something of the sort in the Grand Rapids area?
Thank you in advanced for any help.

Hi,
I am so new to this I haven't even started yet... lol.
I bought a one gallon kit to try it out and my plan is to start a strawberry wine on monday.
I was wondering if there are any clubs or something of the sort in the Grand Rapids area?
Thank you in advanced for any help.

WELCOME ! :hug

Could you please post your Strawberry recipe?

Not sure what clubs are in your area. Call your local Home Brew stores and ask. They would know.

Welcome to the site! Can I even welcome someone esle? I've only been here 2 days myself! Stay warm up there in MI !!

I don't have the Recipe on hand but i will post it later tonight.
I'll tell you what i can though I am using 5-6lbs frozen strawberries.
I'll definantly try and stay warm... That usally means trying as hard as you can never to go outside though.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge out here. Tap into it.

I don't have the Recipe on hand but i will post it later tonight.
I'll tell you what i can though I am using 5-6lbs frozen strawberries.
I'll definantly try and stay warm... That usally means trying as hard as you can never to go outside though.
Shoot for 6#'s per gallon. Get another 2# for a f-pac later

Thanks for all the welcomes
and for the f-pac advise thats a good idea. took me a little bit to figure out what it was but i found it.

:db:db Welcome! Another West Michigan Member. :db:db

Watch out PA, Michigan is on the move

If you are looking for good local supply source, checkout SICILIANO’S MARKET @ 2840 Lake Michigan Dr. NW

They carry lots of WineXpert products plus beer brewing supplies. One of the cool things is they try to stock some wine of the same style as many of the kits so you can get an idea of what kit may taste like.

Welcome to our side of the web. Thats an ok amount of lbs of fruit per gallon but just remember with lighter fruits it usually takes more fruit per gallon.

ok so heres the recipe i used as best i can remember I dont have my book with so....
6lbs frozen strawberies
7 pints of water
1/4tsp tannin
1 crushed campden tablet
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1/4 tsp acid blend
1 tsp nutrient
2lbs sugar
again this is as best i can remember
Thank you again for all the welcomes

Just thought I would throw it out there since you are from GR. If you like craft beer there is a new brewery that opened in december up there called Brewery Vivant. i have been there 3 times and the food is amazing and have yet to be dissapointed by one of their beers.

Last edited:
Welcome. If you make it to TC look me up. We have a good supply store up here, and we can taste test what I have going. Always looking for a reason. Jeff

So i got my first batch running last night and it is bublin and fizzin like mad I've been a little concerned about putting the lid on it. but its on there with the airlock. hmm smells like strawberry shortcake right now

So i got my first batch running last night and it is bublin and fizzin like mad I've been a little concerned about putting the lid on it. but its on there with the airlock. hmm smells like strawberry shortcake right now

No reason to snap lid at this point. I would just lay it on. Wine yeast needs O2 in the begining.

Latest posts

Back